Bar Wars in Lincoln

I'm not sure I understand why Barry's called the police - did they think they were enabling binge drinking or something by saying 'give us $53 bucks and we'll just keep bringing the drinks?' 

Either way, Barry's is one of the trash bars of choice for under age college students and people with low self esteem. When I lived in Lincoln, I stopped going there after my early 20's. They've got massive cajones for taking shots at other bars, especially with their well-documented history of serving minors and violating other laws.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I'm not sure I understand why Barry's called the police - did they think they were enabling binge drinking or something by saying 'give us $53 bucks and we'll just keep bringing the drinks?' 

Either way, Barry's is one of the trash bars of choice for under age college students and people with low self esteem. When I lived in Lincoln, I stopped going there after my early 20's. They've got massive cajones for taking shots at other bars, especially with their well-documented history of serving minors and violating other laws.

But it's teach's favorite bar, damnit!

6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

But it's teach's favorite bar, damnit!

Game day it rocks!!

My thoughts...Barry's did not do this but is being blamed.  The O street bars (The Rail especially) hates Barry's and has gotten into it with that bar recently.  I bet one of the O street bars did this and pinned it on Barry's.  If I owned an O street bar, I would do Barry's like that for sure.

Barry's totally lets in underagers (I was there once and a kid I coached was chatting with me...then he dragged his sister over to say hi...who was still in HS.

The Bar The Bar...that place from what I have been told is another location that might as well not card.

40 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I never went to it while in college, it was a dump back then.  I have only been on game days and it is a blast or at least I think it is.

By the way, this thread has my full attention!

My game day lincoln bars of choice, in order.

5.  Main St Pub (I think that is the name, great prices)

4.  Duffy's (Sort of for the memories)

3.  Sandy's

2.  The Bar

1.  Barry's

Honorable Mention:  Embassy and Cliffs

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Why is it so bad on weekends?  I know people complain that Brothers is really "fratty".

1) One of the owners when I would sometimes go there (i.e. 2012-ish... he might still be there) was incredibly sleezy. I had to interview him for a story once.

2) They hire a lot of young, attractive, thin girls... donning them in scantily clad clothing. I'm sure it helps with their sales but, much like Hooters and Twin Peaks, it's not something I like supporting.

3) They serve minors a lot and it's a very popular place for fresh or very young college students... meaning it has a lot of sloppy drunks and loud music. I can still jive with loud music, dancing, and drinking... I love to go club dancing. But, their experience just has an air of immaturity to it, so it's not really my thing anymore.

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

1) One of the owners when I would sometimes go there (i.e. 2012-ish... he might still be there) was incredibly sleezy. I had to interview him for a story once.

2) They hire a lot of young, attractive, thin girls... donning them in scantily clad clothing. I'm sure it helps with their sales but, much like Hooters and Twin Peaks, it's not something I like supporting.

3) They serve minors a lot and it's a very popular place for fresh or very young college students... meaning it has a lot of sloppy drunks and loud music. I can still jive with loud music, dancing, and drinking... I love to go club dancing. But, their experience just has an air of immaturity to it, so it's not really my thing anymore.

Tell the story!!!!  Come on!

My favorite Lincoln Bars: 

1. Sandy's

2. Duffy's

3. Main Street (just don't fall on the sticky floor)

4. Barrymore's

5. The Starlight (for various reasons of the non-drinking variety)

My absolute favorite bar in college was The Watering Hole on O, but they completely ruined it when they redesigned in back in the early 2010s. I loved that place; it was a giant hole in the wall with fantastic wings and nachos, and you could escape 99% of the idiots that were downtown. 

18 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

My favorite Lincoln Bars: 

1. Sandy's

2. Duffy's

3. Main Street (just don't fall on the sticky floor)

4. Barrymore's

5. The Starlight (for various reasons of the non-drinking variety)

My absolute favorite bar in college was The Watering Hole on O, but they completely ruined it when they redesigned in back in the early 2010s. I loved that place; it was a giant hole in the wall with fantastic wings and nachos, and you could escape 99% of the idiots that were downtown. 

100% agree about The Watering Hole. I was super bummed after the renovation. The product wasn't as good.

Mine are:

1) Barrymore's

2) Starlight

3) Duffy's

4) The Tavern

5) Sandy's

When I was a drunken 21-year-old, the order would've been:

1) Duffy's

2) Iggy's

3) Main St.

4) Sandy's

5) The Brass Rail