Bar Wars in Lincoln

12 minutes ago, Enhance said:

100% agree about The Watering Hole. I was super bummed after the renovation. The product wasn't as good.

Mine are:

1) Barrymore's

2) Starlight

3) Duffy's

4) The Tavern

5) Sandy's

When I was a drunken 21-year-old, the order would've been:

1) Duffy's

2) Iggy's

3) Main St.

4) Sandy's

5) The Brass Rail

Iggy's would have been on my list for "weekday bars"; it was chill during the week, particularly on Tuesdays for free nachos. You could actually walk around, talk to people, and use the pool/foosball tables in the back. 

Weekends, though? That place was too packed for my liking. 

Oh hell, I completely forgot about BisonWiches! I loved that place. They used to do a $5 cover, $1 anything deal on Saturday nights, where any beer/drink/shot was $1 ($2 if it had 2 shots in it). One night some friends and I spent $20 a piece, got absolutely blitzed and stood on a table and the entire bar sang Bohemian Rhapsody at the end of the night. 

If memory serves, I fell asleep on the rocks at the fountain at the student union that night, too. 

I have so many takes....

Sandys- Overrated bar. If you dont like Screwdrivers, you wont like this place. Sticky floors and D-bag bartenders.. or at least they were during my time out there 09-11.

Main Street- Use to love it but the amount of people getting roofied and other thigns that happened just pushed me away.

Iggys- Nachos on Wednesday nights... Wooden nickel nights. The big frosted mug of beer... Place was a zoo by 10pm on Fri/Sat but was a great place outside of that. 

Barrys- Only went there once... I think I had fun?

Cliffs- Sunday night- half price kamikazis... O boy.

Harrys Wonder Bar- Strongest Long Island I have ever had. Blacked out whilst drinking it... 

Brass Rail- Good god that place was dirty.. That is a 1am bar just for the people watching

The Bar The bar- Went there a few times... never fully understood the hype.... It was fine.

My #1 is Iggys for sure. Now that I am 30 I probably wouldnt go back. Last time I was in Lincoln we hit up the Haymarket and that is more my speed now... but back when i was 21.. great times. 

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

BRB  Cdog923 is right about Iggys...you could not move in that place on Fri/Sat Night.

FIFY

OK....this is probably only for people who were around in the 80s.  But, somewhere like on P or Q there was a great bar south of campus where you had to walk up stairs and there were lots of pool tables, foosball tables...etc.  

Anyone remember the name?

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

FIFY

OK....this is probably only for people who were around in the 80s.  But, somewhere like on P or Q there was a great bar south of campus where you had to walk up stairs and there were lots of pool tables, foosball tables...etc.  

Was that Morgan's Upstairs?  Dang it I can't remember the name of the the bar I am thinking of.

56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

FIFY

PO Pears, right?  We would go there every Sunday because they had burger specials.  I think it closed 10ish years ago.

• Fire 1
57 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I have so many takes....

Sandys- Overrated bar. If you dont like Screwdrivers, you wont like this place. Sticky floors and D-bag bartenders.. or at least they were during my time out there 09-11.

Main Street- Use to love it but the amount of people getting roofied and other thigns that happened just pushed me away.

Iggys- Nachos on Wednesday nights... Wooden nickel nights. The big frosted mug of beer... Place was a zoo by 10pm on Fri/Sat but was a great place outside of that. 

Barrys- Only went there once... I think I had fun?

Cliffs- Sunday night- half price kamikazis... O boy.

Harrys Wonder Bar- Strongest Long Island I have ever had. Blacked out whilst drinking it... 

Brass Rail- Good god that place was dirty.. That is a 1am bar just for the people watching

The Bar The bar- Went there a few times... never fully understood the hype.... It was fine.

My #1 is Iggys for sure. Now that I am 30 I probably wouldnt go back. Last time I was in Lincoln we hit up the Haymarket and that is more my speed now... but back when i was 21.. great times. 

Agree with a lot of these, especially Sandy's, Main St. and Brass Rail. I liked the latter for dancing just because there weren't a lot of options at the time. I totally forgot about Cliff's - I loved that place!

The Bar The Bar - I went once and saw too much frat.

I'm too 'get off my lawn' for Iggy's now. Was cool when I was 21 with how busy it was. Now, I say that, but I'm sure if my 30-year-old self got torched on a gameday I might try to drag some fools there around 11 p.m. to relive the memories.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

PO Pears, right?  We would go there every Sunday because they had burger specials.  I think it closed 10ish years ago.

No, that was down south of O.  I'm talking about a place on P maybe in the block where Raising Canes is now.

It was a sad day when PO Pears shut down.  Best burgers in town.