Your Most Fun Time At A Huskers Game

Love this topic!

Home Game:  I think that Texas game, the Red Out game.  I remember we left Omaha late, really late...like 90 minutes before the game.  We get to Lincoln and what do you know...there is a spot at a closed up repair shop...we slide in and park for free.  As we start walking towards the bars a buddy calls "Hey, I have two extra champions passes, want them?" Heck yeah!  

At Champions we party and decide to eat upstairs.  After we are done eating I use the restroom and come back out, my buddy is waiting by the elevator so I meet up with him and we leave the dining area.  I go "That was good food" and he replies "I know, I can't believe it is free!" and I look at him and say "It isn't free, I thought you paid?" he laughed and said "No, I just got up and left, I thought it was free"

We go party at Barry's and then hit O street.  We get to Iggy's and party there, my buddy hits the bathroom and comes back telling me how he tripped and fell, landing right on his cheekbone and smashed his shades.  We drink more and later I see him checking ID's at the door, pretending like he worked there.  He starts to get kicked out by the real bouncer and we finally leave...but we hit up Amigos for the road.

Road game...I will have to think about it.

• Plus1 3

2009 Oklahoma game.  

Had a blast and got revenge from the year before.  Met some great people at a tailgate and got to show my wife what a college football game was like.  She loved it.  I remembet the game being so loud and it was awesome how the defense dominated the game.  Forced like 5 tunrovers.  

Worst 2008 at mizzou

Just awful.  Got waxed and had to be around the worst fans on college.  

• Plus1 1

Since I'm here in Tulsa, I have limited opportunities.  But of the games I made down here - T-Mart's 2010 "I can pass too" game at Okla State.  It was an amazing, high scoring game in which Taylor amazed everyone with his passing besides his running.  We also had the infamous hit on the kickoff were one of our players literally knocked out an OSU player.  The game featured our great DBs against OK State high powered receiving group - I believe it was Blackmon vs Prince.   Niles Paul had a 100 yard kick off return.  Taylor had 323 yards passing and Weeden wt OSU had 283.  TM also had 112 yards rushing - with Helu (42) and Burkhead (41)providing a few additional yards and Alex Henery even chipped in wt a fake kick run of 27 yards .   It was a high flying game.  Our Okla Cornhusker club had a huge tail gate party at the Stillwater H.S. before the game

https://dataomaha.com/huskers/history/game/2010-10-23-oklahoma-state

• Plus1 2

28 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Since I'm here in Tulsa, I have limited opportunities.  But of the games I made down here - T-Mart's 2010 "I can pass too" game at Okla State.  It was an amazing, high scoring game in which Taylor amazed everyone with his passing besides his running.  We also had the infamous hit on the kickoff were one of our players literally knocked out an OSU player.  The game featured our great DBs against OK State high powered receiving group - I believe it was Blackmon vs Prince.   Niles Paul had a 100 yard kick off return.  Taylor had 323 yards passing and Weeden wt OSU had 283.  TM also had 112 yards rushing - with Helu (42) and Burkhead (41)providing a few additional yards and Alex Henery even chipped in wt a fake kick run of 27 yards .   It was a high flying game.  Our Okla Cornhusker club had a huge tail gate party at the Stillwater H.S. before the game

https://dataomaha.com/huskers/history/game/2010-10-23-oklahoma-state

Ah yes.  Eric Martin.  Didn't he get suspended for the next game for that?  Or part of the next game? Completely legal hit if memory serves correctly.

• Plus1 1

In 1994 the Huskers were making a run through the Big 12 and were undefeated coming up to the road game at Oklahoma.  We were in Joplin for Thanksgiving and before we left home I called the Sooner ticket office and found out there were tickets available because they weren't having a great season. Early Friday morning we left for Norman from Joplin. My 3 sons age 15, 13, 9 and me.   We got there early and walked around the stadium and the boys were on the steps that led down to the field when the Huskers came in. It was their first road game.  The first half Oklahoma put up a good fight and tied it 3 to 3.  The Sooners played well in the 2nd half as well but the Huskers punched in a TD and a FG to win 13-3.  I had some doubts we could beat a good team in the Orange Bowl....especially if it was Miami.  

We sat in the end zone under the big scoreboard and to our left were a couple of Sooner fans who were feeling no pain and my sons got a kick out of them.  One of the Okies had a leather "mountain man" flask that he regularly took a hit on and offered to share with all 4 of us. After the game we ate at a greasy spoon mom and pop hamburger joint and met a family from Kearney.  On the way home we were driving and at one point I looked in the rear view mirror and saw the shadows of three deer in the light of the car behind me. Just thankful we didn't hit one of them. Good memories with the sons!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
54 minutes ago, darkhorse85 said:

Ah yes.  Eric Martin.  Didn't he get suspended for the next game for that?  Or part of the next game? Completely legal hit if memory serves correctly.

Yes, he got suspended for a game.  It was a legal hit but the Big 12 conf had to do something since NU was leaving the conference!!!

I will add another.  This just happened to be another Ok State game - Bo's first game as DC - we started the season with a conference game.  My oldest son with me on the trip to Lincoln.  We didn't get there in the evening but made it there in plenty of time before the game to tour the campus and buy some Husker gear.  He was a senior at Univ of Tulsa at the time and this would be our final 'dad and son' trip before he graduated and moved away (cue the tears :cry).    We had a great time - sitting on 45 yard line - west stadium, lower seats - so close to the action. We ate more than our share of Runza's  (boy I wish they would open up a shop in Tulsa or someplace within 100 miles), but most of all - a great time of cheering Big Red together and watching the Huskers win a defensive game - very much the opposite of the offensive game I mentioned above.  It was a great time of bonding and long talks on the long drive back to T-town.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, he got suspended for a game.  It was a legal hit but the Big 12 conf had to do something since NU was leaving the conference!!!

It was helmet to helmet. Husker fans are blind on this because the Big 12 refs screwed us over a lot that season and people love Eric Martin.