Your Most Fun Time At A Huskers Game

16 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

1. 62-24

2. 1993 Oklahoma game

3. 2000 Colorado game

That 93 game was COLD

drank the cider from some random fans and puked on the west side steps

Most fun away game for me 2016 Wisconsin. They really are like us and great party town or 2000 Notre Dane

Most fun home game- 2001 Notre Dame. One of my dads final games to attend. Shelly Smith was my sister’s freshman roommate and she was doing sideline reporting for ESPN. She came up to his seat  and sat and talked with him. He was actually blushing and loved every minute of the extra attention. She was glammed out and dressed to the nines and like he said “And i thought you were just a redhead from Pender” 

FWIW- Shelly never graduated from college and I think she only completed her Freshman year

• Haha 1

Up until the end, I would have said '06 Texas. Lucky throwing a TD pass to Swift just as the snow started to fall was an insanely special time; we all thought the monkey was going to get thrown off our backs. So instead, I'll say the ending of the Northwestern Hail Mary game. 

I really feel bad for those that have yet to experience the greatness that was Nebraska football

Some of the wins listed would never even make my top 10

kinda backed into the 70 title

dominated in 71 with game of the century nail biter

then a transition

some Years where we were always in the conversation and a play or 2 from winning it all

finally redemption

then utter dominance

i miss the absolute dominating blowouts of the weak 

the mediocre and even once in awhile the good teams

the pride 

the excellence

the.precision

the hard work

the attitude - not jumping around just a measured walk through the tunnel knowing that the team was going to win before anyone ever walked on the field 

it was such a privledge to be able to support those teams and be part of the pride our entire state had for the football team

hope my kids get to experience it

my youngest is 12 

he hasn’t seen jack

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, OTHusker said:

I really feel bad for those that have yet to experience the greatness that was Nebraska football

The topic is "most fun time at a Husker game."  Most people are listing games they attended. E.g. I attended the Louisiana Tech game in '98 so I would consider putting that on my list because I haven't gone to a lot of games. Maybe 6 total.

On 2/6/2019 at 5:16 PM, krc1995 said:

That 93 game was COLD

drank the cider from some random fans and puked on the west side steps

It was unbelievably cold, but so so much fun.

My grandma turned 70 the day before Thanksgiving and all of us drove in from all over the country to surprise her; we came down on Tuesday night from Wisconsin. I was in high school.

About 15 of us (extended family) went and we had several sets of tickets. My cousin and I drew the short straw and sat one row from the top in the west balcony, back before the expanded press box, so it was exposed to the wind. I made an "ABC" sign that said "Another Bone Chiller" that my older brother stole from me, and eventually got on television with (and Musberger quoted it). He stole my thunder. That happened a lot.

Celebration was epic. I saw people carrying a goal post fragment going down either O or P street while we were stuck in traffic trying to get back to my grandmother's, who lived on the east side of town.

Looking back, everything was never quite the same after that. Obviously the years that followed were amazing, but that kinda felt like the last real OU-NU game that meant something in the original Big 8 universe.

On 2/6/2019 at 10:20 AM, 10_point_buck said:

Top game ever was the 1996 Fiesta Bowl.  We spent the entire day at the stadium prior to the game at the "Tostitos" tailgate and the game was unreal.  NU fans came and represented well that night.

#1 on my list. I need to find my photo somewhere of that Tostitos tailgate.... there was about 5,000 people in red and about 50 wearing blue and orange. The Florida tent was pathetic.

And I heckled Corso. It really didn't get much better than that night.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

#1 on my list. I need to find my photo somewhere of that Tostitos tailgate.... there was about 5,000 people in red and about 50 wearing blue and orange. The Florida tent was pathetic.

And I heckled Corso. It really didn't get much better than that night.

Do you remember all those with a Husker Flags lining up behind the band and then everyone falling in line marching around the tailgate chanting Go Big Red.....?  It was surreal.   I could hardly talk before we even got into the game from cheering and yelling so much at the tailgate.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, OTHusker said:

kinda backed into the 70 title

dominated in 71 with game of the century nail biter

then a transition

some Years where we were always in the conversation and a play or 2 from winning it all

finally redemption

then utter dominance

i miss the absolute dominating blowouts of the weak 

the mediocre and even once in awhile the good teams

the pride 

the excellence

the.precision

the hard work

the attitude - not jumping around just a measured walk through the tunnel knowing that the team was going to win before anyone ever walked on the field 

it was such a privledge to be able to support those teams and be part of the pride our entire state had for the football team

hope my kids get to experience it

my youngest is 12 

he hasn’t seen jack

Amen!  When you are a relavent team, beating top teams and playing in games which are meaningful at the national scale......those are fun.  There are generations now that have no clue.

• Plus1 2

2013 I won a VIP ticket package for the Northwestern game. The university paid for two nights at the Holiday Inn in the Haymarket, and me and my buddy started the day golfing 9 holes, then got to the stadium and got a tour of the locker room and weight room, met and hung out with Suh, and were on the field in the corner that Westerkamp caught the Hail Mary closest to.

It was a wild day.

• Plus1 2

I’m an older guy I remember Husker games back into the 70s and I remember the dominant years for sure . At those times I was working all the time and raising my family no time / money to go to games though  . I’ll agree there haven’t been great seasons for many years but there have been some bright spots , great players , and great games along the way . Some of those were very  “fun” for me . 

• Plus1 1