Your Most Fun Time At A Huskers Game

I'm an old guy but still have appreciation for some of the more recent accomplishments and players.  I had a ton of fun at the 2008 Colorado game.  Watching Suh in person was amazing.  My son got to meet him and then did a camp with him  Suh took a minute to work 1 on 1 during a tackling drill with him.  That meant a lot at the time...  

• Plus1 2

Orange Bowl after the 1994 season. Took my folks, was pure joy seeing the expression on my dad's face as the clock ticked down.  Huskers 24 Miami 17.       Dad will be 89 in March, ingrained in me the love of Nebraska football.  Lost my mom last month, she too was a huge Husker fan.   I will always treasure that trip to Miami with them and the fun we had.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2
  • 1 month later...

What’s the most fun you ever had at a Husker game?  Nebraska vs Washington in 1998.

What is a home or road game? Home Game

Was it the game itself? Or was it being with your friends and family? Or something else?  Went with my younger brother, who was a college student at UNL at that time.  Was there the night before, and did the O ST Bar Crawl.  At one point saw Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreet inside of a bar and grill. 

Gameday, we were there for ESPN College Game Day, and early on, you can see him on my shoulders.  Had a great time with Nebraska Fans including 1 guy who said he hadn't stopped drinking since the night before. 

I was able to get my ticket comped to sit with my brother in the Student Section, just next to the Marching Band.  

Why was that one so special?  Nebraska kicked butt during Washington.  Great game, great atmosphere and fans.  Also my first game with Frank Solich as coach.  the Blackshirts were relentless. 

• Fire 1

Man this is tough. I had a really good time at when we played Mizzou in 2010. Mizzou was undefeated and in the top 10 and we came out with 24 unanswered. And who could forget Helu breaking the single game rushing record.

With that said the most exciting moment at a Husker game was definitely the Westerkatch in 2013 against Northwestern. My friend and I decided to get going towards the exit right before the play so we could get a better view and it was amazing. As we were leaving some other fans in our parking lot needed a jump so I helped them out and they gave me 20 bucks. It was a great night after that! 

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Man this is tough. I had a really good time at when we played Mizzou in 2010. Mizzou was undefeated and in the top 10 and we came out with 24 unanswered. And who could forget Helu breaking the single game rushing record.

Watching Helu running loose all over the place was awesome and harkened back to the days of ole causing me to exclaim “That’s Nebraska football!”.  Dominating a good opponent made me think that maybe we turned a corner and were becoming a very good team but that turned into false hope.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I was seven years old and sitting in the west balcony with my Grandpa for the 1994 Colorado game. This was the first season that I really followed football after remembering the feeling at the end of the '93 season. Boy, did this season deliver on that hype; Lawrence Phillips dominating the Spring Game, Tommie Frazier running around West Virginia on TV, Frazier's subsequent blot clot being on the news and in the paper, Wyoming's QB getting folded in half. Nebraska was a super fun team to watch that was just destroying over-matched teams that couldn't physically handle our strength and speed.

Colorado, on the other hand, was battle tested against great competition. While our star QB was out, their triumvirate of  Kordell Stewart, Rashaan Salaam, and Michael Westbrook were the toast of the college football season by putting up insane numbers and completing the craziest Hail Mary in college football history at Michigan and a last second field goal to win in Austin. It was a battle of top ranked teams and the 200th consecutive sell-out of Memorial Stadium. I ate so many Runzas.

• Plus1 2

My tale is a bit different than others in that I wasn’t actually at the game vs. Minnesota, but it ranks up there for me.  We were o-for, of course, and I was having a major dispute with the spouse and decided to go and watch without him at a watch party an hour away, for the first time in 24 years.  It was a freaking BLAST and great game to watch them win Scott’s first game as coach!  

I’ve never enjoyed watching the games with “the spouse” or even going to them with him.  I have got to figure out a way to get to more of these games without him.  They are way more fun without him.  (Plus at times I feel like he is bad luck)

• Haha 1

Washington 1997

Washington was ranked #2 and #3, Skers #6 and #7 in the polls

Washington had the #1 run defense

Frost to a knee on the last play losing 3 yards otherwise we would have had three backs with over 100 yards rushing

Crushed the Huskies 27-14 in their stadium, up 14-0 after the first quarter

Husky stadium was at capacity, loud and rockin', with plenty of red.

Shirts knocked Huard out of the game

This game checks all the boxes for me. Add on top of that, we took a booze cruise Husker party boat to the stadium. I knew it was going be a good day when just about every vehicle on the pier had a Husker vanity plate and/or national championship bumper stickers. I hadn't transferred my tags from Missouri to Washington yet, I had neb-fan.jpg.4a3b0f458fd3d67586b387b70b5a4589.jpg on my pickup. My wife and I met up with friends from Omaha that now lived in the Seattle area. The boat sailed to the stadium and caught up to the band boat. They serenaded us and we exchanged "HUSKER" "POWER" cheers. I went to the 92 Washington night game, this game avenged that lose.

Two come to mind.  First one was when Mike Rozier was playing.  He broke a 40+ yard run through half the defense and scored on a fantastic play.  After the wild cheering faded away, I heard one old businessman from Grand Island tell another "Hell, that's worth a B+ in any English class"

Second, we were absolutely demolishing either New Mexico or New Mexico State, like 77 - 7 or such.  They had maybe a dozen fans in the Southwest corner of the stadium and their poor cheerleaders were basically cheering to themselves.  A big group of us crowded the fence in that corner and started doing their cheers with them.  They obviously loved it and it was a real fun time.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 2

Most fun at a game was in I think 96 at MSU.  Neb demolished them and my arm was on Sportcenter the next morning....  most fun experience is when my dad took me to a practice when I was in 7 or 8th grade.  My dad walked me over to coach TO and Dr. Tom said hi to my dad and looked down and said "and you must be...." and said my name.  I just looked up at my dad like " he knows my name".  It was pretty cool.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I’ve been to about half a dozen games since ‘04 and several spring games. The most fun I had was vs MSU last year.

Cold. Snow. Defense. Low scoring. Underdog. Big comeback victory. 

And no, I haven’t been to a lot of good games :lol:

1 hour ago, JoeSakic2019 said:

I have to be honest I did not grow up in Nebraska, and the only reason I am a Husker fan is because my son is on the football team. I have never been to a game prior to last season. But the Michigan State game last year was the funnest for me. I am looking forward to a great season.

Does he know you regularly reveal practice details on a Husker message board?

• Haha 1