Your Most Fun Time At A Huskers Game

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

The blowout games in the 90's when I was in school at UNL were boring.  It got to the point where I would sell/skip going to the game and just party instead.  Oh great...Pacific...and it is 95 degrees outside and the spread is 52 points...yeah I am not going to that.

I sat through one hell of a lot of extremely boring games in the 80s.  When you're sitting there watching Nebraska pound KU or ISU so bad that you can hear the conversation from the next section over.....it's boring.

14 minutes ago, Enhance said:

It's elitist and absurd to suggest anything in the last 20 years lacked excitement.

So very true.

I lived through the 80s and 90s.  I think I could honestly say the most fun I've had was at the OSU come back win, MSU come back win, Miami, MSU last year.  Pretty much all of those were in bad years where the season was not fun.  The game itself was a hell of a lot of fun though.

PS....I will make one exception.  I still remember a game in the late 80s where a certain co-ed sat on my lap the entire game.  It was early season and hot.  She had one of those old style mesh jerseys on......  Oh my.....that was fun.  Don't remember who we were playing or anything else about the game.  I wonder where she is at these days.:B)

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I sat through one hell of a lot of extremely boring games in the 80s.  When you're sitting there watching Nebraska pound KU or ISU so bad that you can hear the conversation from the next section over.....it's boring.

So very true.

I lived through the 80s and 90s.  I think I could honestly say the most fun I've had was at the OSU come back win, MSU come back win, Miami, MSU last year.  Pretty much all of those were in bad years where the season was not fun.  The game itself was a hell of a lot of fun though.

PS....I will make one exception.  I still remember a game in the late 80s where a certain co-ed sat on my lap the entire game.  It was early season and hot.  She had one of those old style mesh jerseys on......  Oh my.....that was fun.  Don't remember who we were playing or anything else about the game.  I wonder where she is at these days.:B)

Probably in the retirement home down the road from yours. 

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So very true.

Hahaha!  That is awesome!  

There are 2 games that come to mind for me for most fun...

The comeback against Ohio State when Braxton Miller got hurt. Went to the game with my sister and sat in the east stadium which is something I've done for 1 other game. Was just up far enough that we weren't getting wet with the rain. My last vivid memory of the game is I remember yelling "he's wide open" when T-mart "missed" Aaron Green running down the sideline on the wheel route. 

The other game that comes to mind for me is the 2012 Wiscy comeback. This one was more fun because where we were sitting in south stadium was packed with Wiscy fans who let us have it after they went up 14-0. It was nice to sit there in silence and not say anything during the comeback and ultimately the win. Man they were awfully quiet on the way out. 

• Fire 1