Roasted Potato Skins/Pic

Roxy15

I made some potatoes in the crockpot this morning for dinner tonight.  I didn’t want to throw the skins away because that’s waste!    

I remembered that Pioneer Woman had made potato skins,  so I looked up her recipe and used it, but, I changed it up a bit.    

They really turned out great and it was a light lunch which is perfect for me.  You could top this with cooked bacon and it would be good, chives or whatever your favorite toppings are!  This is how I made them:

Preheated oven to 400 degrees.

I washed off the potato peels real good from the mashed potatoes I have in the crockpot.

I lined a cookie sheet with a layer of paper towels.

Then I dried the peels thoroughly; discarded paper towel.

I poured 2 T. butter and 2 T. Oil over the peels.  Use more or less according to how many peels you have!  

Sprinkle with Kosher Salt or Garlic Salt or a little of both.  I don’t like food salty so I just used a pinch of each!  Then I sprinkled some Creole Seasoning over and ground black pepper!  Next time, I may skip the salt and just use Creole Seasoning!  Cajun Seasoning would work too!  Depends on how much you like spice!

Put the peels SKIN SIDE DOWN on the cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.  Then I turned the peels over and sprinkled shredded cheddar cheese on top: baked them just for a few minutes until the cheese was melted.  Keep an eye out on them!

I put them on a plate and topped them with a dollop of homemade Hidden Valley Dressing!

***Use Your Favorite Toppings/Cheese 

Layer it however you like!

8DA50D5C-B6F0-4A8B-B86C-3E1982E3A037.jpeg

• Plus1 1