Huskers in the NFL - 2019

Mavric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...

Beat-up truck, Busch Light and chew: Broncos fullback values simple things

r552995_634x357_16-9.jpg&w=634&h=357&sca

Science could also, after a scan of the Denver Broncos players’ parking lot, support the notion that the high-end cars in the parking spaces match the positions the drivers play. There are the tricked-out monster-truck look-alikes for many of the linemen, the sleek, Autobahn-worthy imports for the wide receivers and the the luxury sedans with tinted windows for the more high-profile All-Pros.

Then, in the front row most days, tucked between the rest, there is function over form. It's the off-the-rack, blue, Dodge pickup truck, model year 2000, with the cracked window and assorted items scattered across the dashboard.

The hypothesis holds up here: It belongs to fullback Andy Janovich.

“They probably didn’t even take it on the road much," said Janovich, the proud, thrifty, just-do-the-job owner of the blue truck with 138,300 miles on the odometer. He said it fits him, his personality and his job, and “when it dies, I'll just get another older, cheap one to replace it."

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just bloggin': Gifford makes strong impression on Dallas Cowboys writer

r5ed9pph7trza5klyqnc.jpg

"If there is a young linebacker to keep an eye on I have a sneaky feeling about Gifford," wrote Bryan Broaddus of dallascowboys.com. "This kid has a nose for the ball. He plays well on the move and he’s finisher when he gets in position to make plays. Gifford can play both inside and out which gives him that flexibility coaches covet. Where Gifford is going to have to make his mark is in padded practices and then in the preseason games. I have already seen flashes of traits of instinct and range which makes me believe he could pull this off."

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...