Jobs That Will Be Open

For the purpose of having some relevant conversation during the last month I thought I would compile a list of schools who will be (or most likely will be) in the same boat as Nebraska in looking for a new coach. These are the jobs that I believe will for sure be open and some that could come open. Now, I am not trying to disrespect the current team with 9 games left on the schedule, but we all know where this is headed so no reason we can't face reality and review the landscape of college basketball. Where does everyone think we fall in the pecking order? 

Open for sure: (In Order)

1. UCLA

2. Wake Forest

3. Nebraska

4. Penn State

5. Washington State

May come open: (No order)

Boston College

Minnesota (unlikely unless they collapse and don't make the tourney, then I would say very likely)

Depaul

Rutgers

Colorado (would think Tad has enough equity to survive this season)

Stanford

Georgia Tech

USC (May save himself one more year because he can recruit)

Cal (First year coach, but they are awful)

Miami (only if Larranaga retires)

Texas (another great recruiting class, but bad on court results)

Oklahoma State (results aren't there, but word is TBoone likes Boynton so he most likely gets another year)

Feel free to add any more you think are realistic. Not a ton of big names, and if we can get an increased level of commitment from the AD for basketball I think Nebraska can be in the top 10 jobs open this year.

• Plus1 1

Arizona  - Federal investigation supposedly has wiretaps of Sean Miller discussing paying players to play

Syracuse - Jim Boeheim just looks like he's had enough when you see him on the sideline (of course he's looked that way for a few years)

You could probably add almost any Pac-12 team except Washington