Green New Deal

9 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

This....This is beautiful. Market demanded change is something I'm more than willing to embrace. God bless capitalism.

Well I wouldn't be a progressive if I didn't point out that capitalism can occasionally thwart the will of the consumer, or that consumers sometimes demand the kind of regulations that producers decry as anti-capitalism. 

I actually love the free-enterprise system, but it's not always synonymous with Capitalism. 

• Plus1 3

On 2/7/2019 at 6:53 PM, Frott Scost said:

Maybe people should start thinking of their kids and grandkids livelihood and we can finally get somewhere in this country.

They do, it is why this is the best country in the world, the most freedom to do what you want,  with the most technology, some of the best universities in the world, the best chance to make something of yourself even if you come from nothing.  People in America have been thinking about their grandkids for 250 years.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

They do, it is why this is the best country in the world, the most freedom to do what you want,  with the most technology, some of the best universities in the world, the best chance to make something of yourself even if you come from nothing.  People in America have been thinking about their grandkids for 250 years.

I think you missed the part where America's academic scores have been plummeting out of First World status, especially in tech subjects like science and math, the spiraling cost of secondary education, a huge and growing disparity in wealth and opportunity, projections that millennials will be spending as much as half their income on healthcare, underscored by the fact that this will be the first generation to make less money and die earlier than their parents. 

• Plus1 4

8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think you missed the part where America's academic scores have been plummeting out of First World status, especially in tech subjects like science and math, the spiraling cost of secondary education, a huge and growing disparity in wealth and opportunity, projections that millennials will be spending as much as half their income on healthcare, underscored by the fact that this will be the first generation to make less money and die earlier than their parents. 

“The white man knows how to make everything but he does not know how to distribute it”—Sitting Bull 1885 telling Annie Oakley how white men could be so unmindful of their own poor.

The more things change, the more they stay the same

14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I have yet to meet a parent that is telling their kids to do bad in school...the student has to accept some responsiblity for that.

Yes, college is expensive but it doesn't have to be all that expensive if you look around for the thousands of scholarships that are out there and if you load up on AP classes in high school.  

Healthcare is expensive.  No doubt at that!

Projections?  I remember the projections that we would be switching over to the metric system.

11 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

“The white man knows how to make everything but he does not know how to distribute it”—Sitting Bull 1885 telling Annie Oakley how white men could be so unmindful of their own poor.

The more things change, the more they stay the same

Yeah, he also said that buildings were bad...so you gonna give up your house anytime soon...live outdoors?  Come on

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have yet to meet a parent that is telling their kids to do bad in school...the student has to accept some responsiblity for that.

Yes, college is expensive but it doesn't have to be all that expensive if you look around for the thousands of scholarships that are out there and if you load up on AP classes in high school.  

Healthcare is expensive.  No doubt at that!

Projections?  I remember the projections that we would be switching over to the metric system.

This is like holding up a snowball to prove the Earth isn't getting warmer. 

• Plus1 3

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, he also said that buildings were bad...so you gonna give up your house anytime soon...live outdoors?  Come on

So because I agree with his sentiment about one issue, I have to agree with everything he had an opinion of?  I thought you covered this in your stance about MAGA hats.  

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I did...you are the one that believes it, remember?  I was poking fun at you.

I think you are trying to draw a conclusion that’s not there.  Agreeing with an opinion someone has on an issue is in no way an endorsement of everything they have an opinion on.

Purchasing items in direct support of a campaign platform is totally different.

• Plus1 2
Just now, StPaulHusker said:

I think you are trying to draw a conclusion that’s not there.  Agreeing with an opinion someone has on an issue is in no way an endorsement of everything they have an opinion on.

Purchasing items in direct support of a campaign platform is totally different.

I always forget...what is the first rule of holes again?

Oh yeah, stop digging when you are in one.

• Thanks 1