2019 Season Prediction Thread

Mavric

2019 Season Predictions  

124 members have voted

1. 1. What will Nebraska's 2019 regular season record be?

2. 2. Which games will the Huskers win in 2019?

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm hyped on the 10-2 Koolaid train, but have probably been beat down so much the past decade that I"m calling for us to flip from last year and go 8-4.  To be honest..I really had to grit my teeth to pick more than two losses.  Thinking about how Frost said he saw too many times when our guys weren't the biggest and strongest guys on the field.  Don't think we can change that with one additional recruiting class and off season.

Ha, I voted for 11-1 but couldn't put my finger on the 1 so individually I picked all 12. I think we'll drop 1 or 2 somewhere along the way but I don't think the most obvious chance, tOSU, will be among the losses. It just seems crazy to say we'll be 12-0 or 11-1, almost as crazy as predicting a loss to any of 11 of those teams.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Ha, I voted for 11-1 but couldn't put my finger on the 1 so individually I picked all 12. I think we'll drop 1 or 2 somewhere along the way but I don't think the most obvious chance, tOSU, will be among the losses. It just seems crazy to say we'll be 12-0 or 11-1, almost as crazy as predicting a loss to any of 11 of those teams.

Exactly how I feel. It's crazy to say 12-0 but when you look at each game individually, they all seem winnable assuming the first half of last season isn't indicative of how good the team is. I can't really pick the losses, but I picked 2 anyway.

• Haha 1

I look at that schedule and think every game is winnable based on how we finished the back half.  Throw in another year in the culture S&C etc......BUT, we lose like what seems 75% of our O production in Oz and Stan.  I'm hoping (expecting) JD and Mo to really step up.  Our D has got to be better.  Has to be.

I'd say 10-2, but based on my previous kool-aid drunk self, I'm guessing 8-4.  Just based on the past 15 years........

1 hour ago, grandpasknee said:

I'm hyped on the 10-2 Koolaid train, but have probably been beat down so much the past decade that I"m calling for us to flip from last year and go 8-4.  To be honest..I really had to grit my teeth to pick more than two losses.  Thinking about how Frost said he saw too many times when our guys weren't the biggest and strongest guys on the field.  Don't think we can change that with one additional recruiting class and off season.

I have similar reasoning.  The program was driven off a cliff including misses in recruiting, severe lack of development and losing attitude resulting in 4-8 record (again) and 1 player invited to combine,  We're a few years from winning anything of substance. We still need to get back to liking to win which will encourage more effort and maybe by next year they'll be to a point where they don't enter game(s) believing they'll lose.  The last hurdle is the biggest since it has become ingrained in the program over the last 15 years.  Getting to the point where they expect and want to win every game could happen three seasons from now which is necessary to win some kind of championship.  I'll be satisfied this season if they are competitive in every game, play hard until the end of every game and show improvement over last year.  Without knowing what other teams are losing from this year I picked losses to OSU, Wisconsin, Purdue and Minnesota.

1 hour ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

I think we should do this a couple times before next year.  I'd be interested to see how much more koolaid people drink the closer the season gets.

I think that was done a couple years ago.  I think it was a slightly different topic.  Maybe how do you feel about Riley/Pelini.  We took polls after spring practice, after fall camp, after the non-con and toward the end of the season or something like that.  @knapplc would probably remember.

If someone reminds me we might do the same here.  Now, after spring ball and right before the season starts or something like that.  Would be interesting.

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, lo country said:

BUT, we lose like what seems 75% of our O production in Oz and Stan.

We may be a year away from this statement being true just because those positions are so young, but with a scheme as good as this one and a returning QB, those positions should be plug and play.

4 hours ago, lo country said:

Our D has got to be better.  Has to be.

The offense, with a healthy Martinez, will make a big jump. There’s very little to suggest otherwise. I think with an overall increase in talent level, and just general depth, the special teams units are mostly sorted out.

I can’t even pretend to pick a record until we see more from the defense. I want to see how the LBs shake out with guys like Dixon/Honas/Tanner and maybe Henrich/Hannah. Can the elder Daniels hold up in the middle? The outside CBs looked good at the end, but what about depth there and at Safety. There is so much promise at so many positions, but so many questions, too. They really need to make a huge jump or, rightfully, Chinander will have questions to answer.

I’m really confident we can average greater than 520 yards on offense, but concerned we may on defense as well.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Mavric said:

I think that was done a couple years ago.  I think it was a slightly different topic.  Maybe how do you feel about Riley/Pelini.  We took polls after spring practice, after fall camp, after the non-con and toward the end of the season or something like that.  @knapplc would probably remember.

If someone reminds me we might do the same here.  Now, after spring ball and right before the season starts or something like that.  Would be interesting.

Yep. It was 2013. Opinion swung pretty crazily among those polls.

• Plus1 1

I kept hearing "8 wins" for the 2018 season and we delivered half  of that (one being Bethune).  With that in mind, people saying 11 or 12 wins, Im going to go with 6 or 7, a bit more than half.  Until we can be consistent, every game is going to give you many "WTH" moments.  I just don't see it with such a young roster.  

• Plus1 1