2019 Season Prediction Thread

Mavric

2019 Season Predictions  

124 members have voted

1. 1. What will Nebraska's 2019 regular season record be?

2. 2. Which games will the Huskers win in 2019?

This poll is closed to new votes

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

This was asked about in another thread.  I know there was at least one thread where people were posting their game-by-game predictions but I couldn't find it on a quick look.  And I usually like to do one with a poll so we can see aggregate results.

So here we are....

IMO I'd be interested to lock down the poll results (maybe just before the spring game) and issue another poll just before the 2019 season to see how (if at all) the predictions change.

• Plus1 2

I went with 9-3 and that is assuming AM stays healthy.  IMO we still don't have the pieces to put together an elite defense.  Until we have the guys to do that, we are going to lose some shootouts.  Heck, Illinois should have beat us last year if it wasn't for all their muffed punts. 

I do think we see a jump on that side of the ball hence the 9-3 hopeful prediction.  I think the losses will be random as others have mentioned but I picked OSU, Purdue, and Wisconsin. 

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

I went with 10-2 with losses to Wisconsin and Ohio State. I know that is overly optimistic, but it is reasonable with the schedule we have. The only other games that scare me are Northwestern and Iowa. So, 8-10 wins should be attainable.

This is almost exactly what I was thinking too but I might throw in Purdue along with NW and Iowa. 

I don’t see more than 8 wins unless our D and ST make huge strides.  I also banned myself from drinking the koolaid this year so I’m taking a cautious approach.  The future is bright, but I still think we’re another year or two away from being really good. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

I don’t see more than 8 wins unless our D and ST make huge strides.  I also banned myself from drinking the koolaid this year so I’m taking a cautious approach.  The future is bright, but I still think we’re another year or two away from being really good. 

I don't think our D or ST need to get a lot better for us to win a lot of games. I think they need to make moderate improvements. Our rankings in defense in the last half of the season were already quite improved for the most part. If our defense is ranked in the top 75 this season, we will win several more games than last season.

• Plus1 1

We won 4. Just about the lowest prediction here is 8, and that almost seems pessimistic.

I don’t know where to peg the target because it’ll depend somewhat on the offense, but 30 pts per game, which is around 80th most years, won’t hit these lofty targets. Frost’s stated goal is about 21 pts per game, with turnovers. 

• Plus1 1

I love the optimism, but a 10+ win season is outrageous. I agree that all of the games on the schedule are winnable, but with an uninspiring defense and new starters on the offense, we will have several close games. I chose 8-4 with losses to Ohio State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Purdue.

Ohio State) I know we played them close at the shoe, but I believe they were playing below their potential during the middle stretch of the season. We did not get their best. With most of their coaches returning and the distractions eliminated, they will be a dangerous team. Plus they are stocked with more talent than everyone except 2-3 other teams in the country. 

Minnesota) Sure, we beat them last year, but that second half after the quarterback change was terrifying. They continued to improve after switching D-coordinators and finished the season with wins over Purdue, Wisconsin, and GT. Plus they were an extremely young squad, they will be dangerous in year 0. 

Purdue) This past loss did not feel that close to me,  we were not a threat by the second half. Their offense will continue to improve under Brohm. 

Wisconsin) Game felt similar to the Purdue contest. When was the last time we beat them?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
33 minutes ago, Caveman said:

I love the optimism, but a 10+ win season is outrageous. I agree that all of the games on the schedule are winnable, but with an uninspiring defense and new starters on the offense, we will have several close games. I chose 8-4 with losses to Ohio State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Purdue.

Ohio State) I know we played them close at the shoe, but I believe they were playing below their potential during the middle stretch of the season. We did not get their best. With most of their coaches returning and the distractions eliminated, they will be a dangerous team. Plus they are stocked with more talent than everyone except 2-3 other teams in the country. 

Minnesota) Sure, we beat them last year, but that second half after the quarterback change was terrifying. They continued to improve after switching D-coordinators and finished the season with wins over Purdue, Wisconsin, and GT. Plus they were an extremely young squad, they will be dangerous in year 0. 

Purdue) This past loss did not feel that close to me,  we were not a threat by the second half. Their offense will continue to improve under Brohm. 

Wisconsin) Game felt similar to the Purdue contest. When was the last time we beat them?

10 wins, with that schedule, is far from outrageous. 8-4 is obviously very possible as well. Anything less than 8-4 would be a failed season in my mind, and I think the staff and players would agree.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1