Mavric

2019 Super Six

2019 Super Six  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Give us your top six recruits from this class plus one sleeper.  You can use whatever criteria you want to choose the guys you think will be the best/have the most impact in their time at Nebraska. 

Make sure to mark your choices above.

1 - Wandale Robinson - Tailor-made for Frost's offense

2 - Bryce Benhart - Anchors one of the OT spots for the next four years

3 - Ty Robinson - We finally get back to some disruption from the DL

4 - Nick Henrich - Will play a lot of snaps over the next 4/5 years

5 - Noa Pola-Gates - "Early Impact" guy has to be a good thing

6 - Myles Farmer - Liking what I'm hearing about playing him at OLB

Sleeper - Mosai Newsom - Wasn't talked about a lot but I say he turns into a solid DE opposite Robinson

• Plus1 1

Wandale Robinson- Becomes what we all expect him to be.

Bryce Benhart- Road grader for the next four years

Nick Henrich- Tackling machine

Jackson Hannah- I think he will turn into a proto-type NFL MLB

NPG- Dynamic and aggressive

Garrett Nelson- Gives us the old school Nebraska attitude again

Sleeper: Ethan Piper, I didn't know much about him at first and thought he might have been a reach. Still not sure where he ends up playing. But, pound for pound may be one of the most athletic players we got in 2019.

50 minutes ago, Mavric said:

1 - Wandale Robinson - Tailor-made for Frost's offense

2 - Bryce Benhart - Anchors one of the OT spots for the next four years

3 - Ty Robinson - We finally get back to some disruption from the DL

4 - Nick Henrich - Will play a lot of snaps over the next 4/5 years

5 - Noa Pola-Gates - "Early Impact" guy has to be a good thing

6 - Myles Farmer - Liking what I'm hearing about playing him at OLB

Sleeper - Mosai Newsom - Wasn't talked about a lot but I say he turns into a solid DE opposite Robinson

I like this...

Also...They really don't need to ask Josh Peterson for his 6.  That guy is B-rutal

17 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I like this...

Also...They really don't need to ask Josh Peterson for his 6.  That guy is B-rutal

The fact that any of them think their opinions on football are relevant enough, or good enough to put together a list for the rest of us to consume is kind of hilarious. I wish the media would just go back to reporting, and leave their opinion-based work out of it. They don't know anymore about football than the rest of us, no matter how hard they try to convince themselves otherwise..... Now, me? I am a football genius!:D So here is mine:

1. Q. Newsome

2. W. Robinson

3. N. Henrich

4. J. Hannah

5. J. Fritzsche

6. G. Nelson

Sleeper: M. Anderson

* Also, Dylan Jordan would have been #1 on this list for me had he committed to Nebraska.

• Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

Wandale- He really good

Benhart- Advantage for him over our other OL guys is he has the ability to play early and also has a huge upside.  

Farmer- Rangy athlete that can play multiple spots.

Pola Gates- Fast, physical and ready to play

Hannah- Very good instincts and could play inside or outside. 

Newsome- Another long rangy kid that can cover and hit.  

Sleeper- The Pied Piper- Excited to see where they put this kid and watch him grow into that position.  

• Plus1 1

55 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The fact that any of them think their opinions on football are relevant enough, or good enough to put together a list for the rest of us to consume is kind of hilarious. I wish the media would just go back to reporting, and leave their opinion-based work out of it. They don't know anymore about football than the rest of us, no matter how hard they try to convince themselves otherwise..... Now, me? I am a football genius!:D So here is mine:

1. Q. Newsome

2. W. Robinson

3. N. Henrich

4. J. Hannah

5. J. Fritzsche

6. G. Nelson

Sleeper: M. Anderson

* Also, Dylan Jordan would have been #1 on this list for me had he committed to Nebraska.

Missing on Jordan could have been a blessing in disguise.  Buyer beware on that kid.  Like the list overall.

2 hours ago, AlaSker said:

Wandale Robinson- Becomes what we all expect him to be.

Bryce Benhart- Road grader for the next four years

Nick Henrich- Tackling machine

Jackson Hannah- I think he will turn into a proto-type NFL MLB

NPG- Dynamic and aggressive

Garrett Nelson- Gives us the old school Nebraska attitude again

Sleeper: Ethan Piper, I didn't know much about him at first and thought he might have been a reach. Still not sure where he ends up playing. But, pound for pound may be one of the most athletic players we got in 2019.

I like this list but had the safe pick of Ty vs Nelson thou I like the latter's attitude.

I think Hannah is going to be a monster as well...

12 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I like this list but had the safe pick of Ty vs Nelson thou I like the latter's attitude.

I think Hannah is going to be a monster as well...

Ty should be a monster as well, because in all honesty this class should be a Super Ten. But, I wanted to be different and Nelson's attitude and demeanor make me think he's is going to be a stalwart.

Wandale Robinson
Noa Pola-Gates
Ty Robinson
Darien Chase
Rahmir Johnson
Myles Farmer

This list was much harder for me than last year, which is a great thing - my list from 18' is below that I did last year in that thread. 

1. Wandale Robinson - Can't miss pick. Dynamic playmaker that can also run it out of the backfield. Great fit for the Frost offense 
  2. Nick Henrich - The best film of a LB that we've gotten since Lavonte David. Will have a great career at Nebraska as long as he stays healthy 
  3. Bryce Benhart - Large frame with pretty good mobility. Will get a lot of PT in his career 
  4. Noa Pola-Gates - Versatile athlete who comes up and hits at the Safety position 
  5. Ty Robinson - Will be a strong force at DE for us stopping the run as we have missed lately 
  6. Jackson Hannah - Another solid LB that I am excited for. Will fit great in the B10. Takes on blockers very well at the HS level

Sleeper: Rahmir Johnson - Kid has straight burners and I can see him running for tuddies off the edge during his time here 

1. Martinez - QB who has it all for the Frost offense. Smooth runner, can throw on the run, leader, good vision, mature
  2. Mo Washington - If he can qualify the kid is special. Can catch and run the ball well  
  3. Cam Jones - Long safety who can also move well for his size. Not afraid to hit 
  4. Tannor - Going to be a serious threat off the edge rushing the passer
  5. M. Jones - He can do it all. Way overlooked in the recruiting ranks
  6. Taylor - Really like this kid's versatility. Powerful athlete 
  • Plus1 1

This year's is exceptionally tough. Especially with sleepers. Thompkins and Houston could be great, but left them out because of injuries. If healthy both could be impact players. Mills could be our starting RB next year, but he only has two years left. Nance is fast, but looks raw imo. Fritz and/or Anderson may become better than Benhart, but need more development. McCaffrey may end up starting at some point, but will be behind Martinez for a while. Piper is more athletic than his ranking and really is a sleeper. However, going with Nelson as my sleeper because of his attitude and motor.

Due to Frost's offense going with quite a few skill position players in my top 6 as I think they will be  given opportunities early on. 

1. Wandale

2. Johnson

3. Benhart

4. Chase

5. Farmer

6. Ty

10 hours ago, Wunderkind said:

Especially with sleepers

I wouldn’t consider most people’s 7th person an actual sleeper. Probably not a bad thing.

Wandale

Benhart

Ty Rob

Matt Anderson

Henrich 

Pola Gates

Sleeper: this is tough but I'm going Thompkins. If I could pick another sleeper it would be Luke McCaffery.

Wandale 

Benhart 

Hannah

D Chase

Heinrich

G Nelson (effort machine, could be a monster)

Sleeper- farmer

• Upvote 1

1. Robinson (Offense)

2. Hannah

3. Farmer

4. Henrich

5. Robinson (Defense)

6. Pola-Gates

Sleepers: Newsome and Graham

I believe this class will be looked back on for the difference it made on defense.  Yes a lot of this years kids will put up huge offensive numbers but that is expected now with Frost.  A jump in production on defense will be more impressive,  and more important to the team's success. 

1. Hannah

2. Wandale

3. Henrich

4. Farmer

5. Robinson

6. Benhart

Sleeper: torn between two db's in Newsome and Wright. Going with Wright because if his potential to move to OLB too

Lots of defense on my list and many others. Hope that shows up in years to come.

21 hours ago, Mavric said:

I like his tape about as much as I hate Banks defensive tape. I’m hoping like hell Banks eventually gets moved to the offense. Newsom, however, I really like as a defensive lineman. Great ability to play multiple gap techniques and blow by an offensive lineman. His tape has him inside, outside, in 2, 3, or 4 point stances. He shows ability to beat his man multiple ways, and very athletic moving down the line. I think he’s a guy that can be that true multiple front defender.

His instincts are really good. It’s like he knows what the lineman wants to do and just beats him there. Great leverage, bats down a lot of balls, sheds well. I also thinks he just loves playing defense, and when I watch Banks tape next to his, that really sticks out. 

I like Ty a lot, too, but I wouldn’t be surprised in a few years if Newsom isn’t the better player. That’s not a shot at Ty, I just think Newsom with the right training has that kind of upside. I wish through two classes we had a bit better numbers on the defensive line, but this potential pairing is very exciting.

• Plus1 1

1. Wandale - gimme

2. Benhart - elite OT prospect could be 4 year starter

3. Henrich - day 1 contributor, haven’t had a prospect with his size/athleticism at ILB in awhile

4. Hannah - same as Henrich

5. Rahm it Johnson - game changer at RB, speed kills

6. Quinton Newsome - gut feeling here

Sleeper: Myles Farmer, as stated above, going to be an OLB in a year or two and be special

I know there will be a top recruit that flames out. But, my confidence in this staff developing the top of the class is so high that there is no way I can’t have at least the top 4 on my list. 

After that, I went with Nance and Houston. 

39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

A big part of this will be determined by how good the next couple classes will be. 

Each class will be better.  Reason we didnt take reaches at the end of this class.  Recruit guys better than those on the roster

20 hours ago, Mavric said:

Already thinking leaving Rahmir Johnson out of my list was a mistake.....

I think he has potential to be the best player in the class. Even moreso than Wandale. 

• Upvote 1