Sign in to follow this  
Mavric

Nebrasketball Game #24 - @ Purdue: Saturday, February 9 - 7:30pm (BTN)

What will the game result be?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

-12 as of this morning.  

That is a big a$$ number.  My questions...Has NU quit?  Will a road game actually be good for them?  Will Watson have a big game finally?

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

-12 as of this morning.  

That is a big a$$ number.  My questions...Has NU quit?  Will a road game actually be good for them?  Will Watson have a big game finally?

we have completely lost our mojo in my opinion. I expect us to lose by 12+ hope I am wrong but yikes it doesnt feel good 

This could get ugly. At this point I’d like to seem them just run and gun. Try for 90 points. Just jack 3’s and just run. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

This could get ugly. At this point I’d like to seem them just run and gun. Try for 90 points. Just jack 3’s and just run. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

Agree!  Play free, have fun and not worry about what everyone thinks. 

8 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Agree!  Play free, have fun and not worry about what everyone thinks. 

Yeah, so tough to do with no bench and Mackey is a house of horrors for most teams.  

14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, so tough to do with no bench and Mackey is a house of horrors for most teams.  

At this point the season over with another loss. The current way is no longer working and only getting worse, why not try something else. You know what they say about doing the same thing over and over expecting different results ?

2 hours ago, Big red surfers said:

Im sure you’ll have this wish partially fulfilled. The 2nd half offensive effort will be able to be classified as just jacking 3’s. Of course it will be bad 3’s with no rebounding like usual and they won’t be running at that point because we have no bench or at least none Miles will put on the court.

Gonna waste a pretty solid first half by going full Nebrasketball the last five minutes.  Bad bad shots by Nana and Palmer when opportunities to stretch the lead were there.  And of course the lack of an actual offense leads to forced, contested shots at the end of the clock that have no chance of being successful.  Add in crap transition defense and you give the Boilermakers momentum to build on at the half.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

Cheapest foul I’ve seen in a few years. There jersey touch and it’s a foul.  Incredible 

Yes, pretty bunk considering the contact their letting go in the paint

30 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

They run literally no offensive sets. Baffling 

I mean at this point it isnt.. Miles hasnt ever really run an offense.

He always plays hero ball.

The fact that Miles can’t see and utilize the mismatch with Roby on offense is just stupidity at its finest.

Call the damn TO Tim it’s getting ugly fast

Miles should be telling the team absolutely no 3 point shots and if you take one you will come to the bench. Give it up, we have terrible shooters. Have known this many games ago. So why and the hell do we keep casting them and waisting possessions? Palmer keeps coughing the ball up and is playing some terrible ball. He hasn’t looked like an NBA caliber player all year long. Timid, turnovers, poor shots, and even worse decision making. 

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

That got ugly fast. Pretty tough with nobody inside.

Timmy can’t figure out a way to get Roby on the block against a guy giving up four inches

1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

Timmy can’t figure out a way to get Roby on the block against a guy giving up four inches

And the other guy is a ball passer at the top of the key that they don’t even guard.

1 minute ago, Big red surfers said:

Im curious is there a rule that miles has that says you can’t shoot a open shot before 5 seconds left on the shot clock ?

Unless your name is JPJ, he can do no wrong in Timmy’s eyes

12 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

Wow Allen. 4-4 from deep. Feed hm the ball.  Make that 5-5

Okay, that explains why this game is close!  I was sort of watching but not really and it seemed like NU kept making some big shots.

Miles needs to start TiVoing games and listen to what color guy says during the game.  Everyone sees the deficiencies of his team but him

12 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Unless your name is JPJ, he can do no wrong in Timmy’s eyes

I think a lot of coaches freak out about shooting fast.  

Not Brad Underwood though!!!!  They take tons of crappy shots in the first 7 seconds!!  Ha

Actually a lot of stats show that shooting in the first 7 seconds is the way to go if possible 

2 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Miles needs to start TiVoing games and listen to what color guy says during the game.  Everyone sees the deficiencies of his team but him

Bro...racist much?

Hahahaha

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

Im curious is there a rule that miles has that says you can’t shoot a open shot before 5 seconds left on the shot clock ?

I remember reading an article awhile back that Tim doesn’t want them to shoot it right away.  He wants them to work the shot clock and try and find an open shot.  

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I think a lot of coaches freak out about shooting fast.  

Not Brad Underwood though!!!!  They take tons of crappy shots in the first 7 seconds!!  Ha

Actually a lot of stats show that shooting in the first 7 seconds is the way to go if possible 

A lot of it is pending on the offense you run.  Of course 99% of basketball coaches have offenses, we are just fortunate to witness that 1%

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

A lot of it is pending on the offense you run.  Of course 99% of basketball coaches have offenses, we are just fortunate to witness that 1%

Dude that is cold blooded!

This opponent and our type of players calls for driving every time, then kicking out if necessary. You don’t see that much. Our big guy should be getting offensive boards on the back side, not ball handling for our NBA stars.

Afraid we’ve wasted too much time taking Ill advised shots for a comeback.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Dude that is cold blooded!

Truth is a cold, bitter bitch of a pill that we have had to swallow for far too long

Have they even ran the zone on defense tonight?  The offensive pukefest has just muddled with the defensive effort for me tonight I haven’t noticed 

I also love the lack of urgency this team has shown.  Games with around four minutes left and are still in a manageable deficit, and there is just no care.  

That falls on a coach as well.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

I also love the lack of urgency this team has shown.  Games with around four minutes left and are still in a manageable deficit, and there is just no care.  

That falls on a coach as well.

I think they’re tired due to no backup play while Purdue has scrappy bench guys harassing us.

11 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

This opponent and our type of players calls for driving every time, then kicking out if necessary. You don’t see that much. Our big guy should be getting offensive boards on the back side, not ball handling for our NBA stars.

Afraid we’ve wasted too much time taking Ill advised shots for a comeback.

I think we had guys with NBA potential. Thinking this season hurts their stock

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think we had guys with NBA potential. Thinking this season hurts their stock

If they had NBA potential they wouldn't have come back.

• Eyeroll 1