Grading the 2019 Recruiting Class - Offensive Skill Positions

Mavric

Grading the 2019 Class  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I was going to mention it's probably more of a B grade by itself. He is fairly high ranked but hasn't had the time to really learn all the little things about playing the position. But I went with A when considering other factors.

I like McCaffrey, but still have QB at a B. He is still raw, but should get the time needed to develop. Others are A's. Offensive skill positions are the best part of the class imo.

• Plus1 1

A each for the RBs and WRs/TEs, pretty much echo all the sentiments everyone has said.

Went C for the QB...it's probably a B overall when you factor in that NU could afford to take more of a prospect with Martinez as the incumbent starter as a Soph but I couldn't overlook that McCaffrey is pretty raw.  Still, can't deny his obvious athletic gifts.

26 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Went C for the QB...it's probably a B overall when you factor in that NU could afford to take more of a prospect with Martinez as the incumbent starter as a Soph but I couldn't overlook that McCaffrey is pretty raw.  Still, can't deny his obvious athletic gifts.

I don’t understand this, and I’ve seen similar other places. If McCaffrey was essentially Adrian 2.0, which I think a vast majority give an A, then the odds increase dramatically of a transfer. Imo, a transfer is an F, it’s a waste of resources. A talented guy that will sit, when you have an incumbent starter, is how you get an A.

McCaffrey can flat out ball. His senior tape is impressive. But he’s not a guy that needs to play right now. This situation with him and Adrian is typical of his entire life. He’s accustomed to sitting behind his brothers, learning, and shining when given the opportunity. Time and time again, Frost and Mario have stated he’s a QB, and there is no consideration to a position swap.

If Adrian really is so good he can’t be beat out, he very well may only be here 3 years. That gives Luke the opportunity to start as a RS Soph.  Spend 2 years with Mario, in this offense, before you’re under the bright lights. Have Adrian break in all of these young receivers, backs, and linemen. That’s an amazing opportunity. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
47 minutes ago, brophog said:

I don’t understand this, and I’ve seen similar other places. If McCaffrey was essentially Adrian 2.0, which I think a vast majority give an A, then the odds increase dramatically of a transfer. Imo, a transfer is an F, it’s a waste of resources. A talented guy that will sit, when you have an incumbent starter, is how you get an A.

McCaffrey can flat out ball. His senior tape is impressive. But he’s not a guy that needs to play right now. This situation with him and Adrian is typical of his entire life. He’s accustomed to sitting behind his brothers, learning, and shining when given the opportunity. Time and time again, Frost and Mario have stated he’s a QB, and there is no consideration to a position swap.

If Adrian really is so good he can’t be beat out, he very well may only be here 3 years. That gives Luke the opportunity to start as a RS Soph.  Spend 2 years with Mario, in this offense, before you’re under the bright lights. Have Adrian break in all of these young receivers, backs, and linemen. That’s an amazing opportunity. 

Well said

7 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

A each for the RBs and WRs/TEs, pretty much echo all the sentiments everyone has said.

I mean .... no one is arguing that he's a finished product.

But if our grade is a C for a Composite Four-Star and #257 player in the country, I think it's possible that our standards are a bit high.

19 hours ago, Mavric said:

I mean .... no one is arguing that he's a finished product.

But if our grade is a C for a Composite Four-Star and #257 player in the country, I think it's possible that our standards are a bit high.

After looking back at it, I'm probably too harsh at grading this as a C.

• Plus1 1
On 2/10/2019 at 9:37 AM, brophog said:

After looking back at it, I'm probably too harsh at grading this as a C.  I wish McCaffrey had spent more time at QB outside of just the one year but it is what is and you can't argue with his family's bloodlines when it comes to athletics.

I went with B, A, A. I think Luke is a really good prospect but many of the accounts about him have suggested he has some mechanical issues to work through and that's if he even stays at QB. Tough for me to give a solid A out for that. If I could be specific, I'd say B to B+.