Going to Drive This

Currently driving an 18 GMC Sierra crew cab shortbox.  Really like a lot it so far, just got it in November. It's quite a bit longer than the Canyon I had the 2 previous years. Really pleased with the gas mileage. Thought the V8 would gobble more gas compared to the 6 cylinder but it doesn't. Didn't even know when I got it that it would self switch to V4 when the demand wasn't there.  You can see the mileage double when it changes.  Bad thing is it almost didn't fit in my garage. I just assumed it would be shorter than my previous Yukon XL but  it is quite a bit longer. I Iiterally have less than 1 inch both front and back to get the door closed. Had to bolt a piece of angle iron to the garage floor to stop it in the exact right spot.

Kinda cool?

Tesla's New 'Dog Mode' Will Keep Your Pup Cool While You're out of the Car

Dog Mode is just what it sounds like: a feature designed to keep the cabin of your car at a comfortable temperature.

Not only that, but it’ll display the temperature in the car on the touchscreen so that passersby will know the pup is safe and sound. Here’s a more detailed description from Tesla:

Keep your dog comfortable in your car while letting people passing by know they don’t need to worry with Dog Mode. In addition to keeping the climate control on, the touchscreen will display the current cabin temperature. To enable Dog Mode, tap the fan icon at the bottom of the touchscreen when your car is parked. Set Keep Climate On to DOG, make adjustments within temperature limits, then leave knowing your pet will stay comfortable. Dog Mode will stay on after you leave your car. If you your battery reaches less than 20% charge, you will receive a notification on your mobile app.

On 2/9/2019 at 8:27 PM, JJ Husker said:

Currently driving an 18 GMC Sierra crew cab shortbox.  Really like a lot it so far, just got it in November. It's quite a bit longer than the Canyon I had the 2 previous years. Really pleased with the gas mileage. Thought the V8 would gobble more gas compared to the 6 cylinder but it doesn't. Didn't even know when I got it that it would self switch to V4 when the demand wasn't there.  You can see the mileage double when it changes.  Bad thing is it almost didn't fit in my garage. I just assumed it would be shorter than my previous Yukon XL but  it is quite a bit longer. I Iiterally have less than 1 inch both front and back to get the door closed. Had to bolt a piece of angle iron to the garage floor to stop it in the exact right spot.

I have a 2016 Canyon.  I really like it.  Bought it brand new.  It is a crew cab with the longest box I could get.  I just don't like driving the full size truck every day.  I have a 2004 Dodge 3/4 ton for pulling a heavy load when need be.  

1 hour ago, NUinID said:

I have a 2016 Canyon.  I really like it.  Bought it brand new.  It is a crew cab with the longest box I could get.  I just don't like driving the full size truck every day.  I have a 2004 Dodge 3/4 ton for pulling a heavy load when need be.  

I really liked my Canyon it did great around town but had just a couple issues with it. 1- It wouldn't pick back up quick enough for me when driving on heavily congested I-25. Constantly going from 80 down to 40 or a complete stop, the pack would pull away. I'm too much of a type A driver to let people keep squeezing in ahead of me. The 2nd issue is just that I've gotten spoiled with all the amenities of a Denali or SLT trim level. I didn't have a heated steering wheel or cooled seats and even though the Canyon had the Bose sound system it just didn't perform like the Bose in the larger trucks. Plus the Sierra just rides smoother. I know I'll be making 4+ trips per year across I-80 from Colorado so wanted to be a little more comfortable. I know....I'm a puss, but my downsizing effort failed.