DL Coach Mike Dawson Takes Job with Giants

Mavric

Former USC D-line coach needs a job. His name is Kenechi Udeze and he would be an interesting hire. 

Jerry Montgomery coached at UNI when Scott did and I am not sure of his role with the Packers. So he would be my way too early guess at this point.

More info will come out but I do not know who we go after now that Dawson leaves in early February. 

15 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Would really love some Poly ties with this hire.

Why? How about we hire the best person available that can get the job done. You can recruit Poly players without being of their descent. We need to get a good hire for this one because QB pressure needs to increase next year for us to be successful. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Why? How about we hire the best person available that can get the job done. You can recruit Poly players without being of their descent. We need to get a good hire for this one because QB pressure needs to increase next year for us to be successful. 

First off, I said I would love some Poly ties. I’m not saying it’s hire a Poly coach or shut down the football program. Yes, I agree there are other variables that are important.

However, it’s absolutely incorrect to just brush it off and say we can recruit Poly players with anyone we hire. That is just not how it works in the college football landscape. Washington has done an incredible job recruiting Poly players because Peterson hired Malloe and made it a priority. And there are a ton of great options as DL coaches with Poly ties out there. Works great in a 3-4 defense especially since those players have no trouble putting on 300lbs.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Whats everyone think of Peter or Wistrom? Or how bout both as Co- Defensive line? They each get half salary, share a business card. Peter on one side- flip it over and sure enough Wistrom on the back? Double the pleasure- Double the fun.

Absolutely not on Peter. I know nothing about Wistrom's coaching abilities. Being a former Nebraska player, no matter how good, does not qualify someone to be a coach.

16 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Washington has done an incredible job recruiting Poly players because Peterson hired Malloe and made it a priority. And there are a ton of great options as DL coaches with Poly ties out there. Works great in a 3-4 defense especially since those players have no trouble putting on 300lbs.

Do you have data on how well they recruited Poly players before?

Because many, many people move to Washington from Hawaii. There is a very big Polynesian population there. Washington has the 5th highest % of Pacific Islands Americans in the U.S. (I realize this includes more than just Polynesians but my point still stands). And Seattle has the 8th highest # of Asian Americans. For whatever reason, Hawaiians really like to move there.

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

I see Sam already floating Parrella.  Hopefully that is just Sam thinking out loud with no sources.

Scott needs to get the best available DL coach, not some “former player”.

Hear you, however we have some "former players" on the staff now that are kicking A$$

2 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

Former USC D-line coach needs a job. His name is Kenechi Udeze and he would be an interesting hire. 

Jerry Montgomery coached at UNI when Scott did and I am not sure of his role with the Packers. So he would be my way too early guess at this point.

More info will come out but I do not know who we go after now that Dawson leaves in early February. 

I would actually like either of those to take over at DL.