DL Coach Mike Dawson Takes Job with Giants

Mavric

22 hours ago, Red Five said:

I see Sam already floating Parrella.  Hopefully that is just Sam thinking out loud with no sources.

Scott needs to get the best available DL coach, not some “former player”.

I’m willing to bet Frost will hire someone he has some form of relationship with. I think Parrella would be a good fit for this staff. Like Mav touched on its hard to judge his coaching ability but I would say he was the 3rd best recruiter on the staff after the Williams’. Which I thought was pretty surprising given his probable lack of connections. 

1 hour ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

I’m willing to bet Frost will hire someone he has some form of relationship with. I think Parrella would be a good fit for this staff. Like Mav touched on its hard to judge his coaching ability but I would say he was the 3rd best recruiter on the staff after the Williams’. Which I thought was pretty surprising given his probable lack of connections. 

and if he never played here he wouldnt be considered...I just want to hire the best damn coach and recruiter we can buy. I hope Frost feels the same way 

23 hours ago, Red Five said:

I see Sam already floating Parrella.  Hopefully that is just Sam thinking out loud with no sources.

Scott needs to get the best available DL coach, not some “former player”.

Speaking of What's Wistrom up to now?  and this guy  :

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/carriker/carriker-chronicles-what-are-nebraska-s-recruiting-needs-before-signing/article_16cf968b-1bf7-502d-a2cd-b531bd42cebe.html

But I agree - we want the best available - former player or not. I would be nice to have some one with the old Nebraska fire in his belly. 

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

and if he never played here he wouldnt be considered...I just want to hire the best damn coach and recruiter we can buy. I hope Frost feels the same way 

That’s not true at all. Frost’s staff here isn’t his staff because they were the best guys Frost could get. It’s because they’re guys Frost had a relationship with and could trust. I don’t know the extent of their relationship but beings they’re both former players and he was on the previous staff I’d at least assume they have some form of relationship. Dante was considered one of the best recruiters in the nation and a rising coaching star but got the boot because Frost had a relationship with Fisher.

We just had the best recruiting class avg ranking wise and the only notable recruiter we have IMO is Held.