DL Coach Mike Dawson Takes Job with Giants

Mavric

8 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Guy who hates when Nebraska players or coaches gives the program a black eye, wants to hire a coach who literally gave a player a black eye.

I mean, it's been 9 years.  He's been controversy free since.  

In addition, my issue is with players/coaches doing things against women.  I just have a difficult time accepting that more than anything else.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I mean, it's been 9 years.  He's been controversy free since.  

I mean punching a kid that committed to play for him and then going as far as forcing other players and coaches to change their story to help cover it up is ok for you cause it's been 9 years? Got it. 

5 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

I mean punching a kid that committed to play for him and then going as far as forcing other players and coaches to change their story to help cover it up is ok for you cause it's been 9 years? Got it. 

Is there a time frame acceptable to you that allows for second chances?  I think almost a decade seems reasonable.

11 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Is there a time frame acceptable to you that allows for second chances?  I think almost a decade seems reasonable.

Not defending either Washington nor Leavitt, but there is also a difference between the professional expectations of a 50+ year old man vs the emotions and sensibilities of a high school kid.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, Ulty said:

Not defending either Washington nor Leavitt, but there is also a difference between the professional expectations of a 50+ year old man vs the emotions and sensibilities of a high school kid.

There is.  And I think Leavitt paid his price.  He was fired.  He didn't coach anywhere for 2 years afterward.  And didn't coach in college for 6 years after the incident.  

7 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

There is.  And I think Leavitt paid his price.  He was fired.  He didn't coach anywhere for 2 years afterward.  And didn't coach in college for 6 years after the incident.  

Fair enough. But he still carries that baggage with him nonetheless, baggage that could outweigh other qualifications.

• Plus1 2