DL Coach Mike Dawson Takes Job with Giants

Mavric

1 minute ago, swmohusker said:

Neither would Coach Ruud either.  I trust Frost too.  

I agree with you on that. But when you decide to let him go with Riley and his staff and then bring him back it just seems odd....I wonder if we tried to keep him around as an analyst or something...just seems odd to cut him and then come calling a year later 

I'm not sure Parella is the right guy for the job, but I will says one thing; many of the coaches on the defensive side of the ball during the "Diaco Fiasco" should be not lumped together. Diaco was not letting them coach to their fullest and how they wanted to. It was ridiculous.

• Plus1 2
15 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I skimmed this thread and didn’t see my answer to this. Other than Kuligowski, are there rumors about anyone else?

A couple big time recruits liked a tweet that Kuligowski got an offer from the Cornhuskers, so I am hoping it is Craig Kuligowski.  Mind you I got this info from another site so i'm not exactly sure if if what is said is true, I don't twitter at all nor do I go to peoples twitter to research anything.

3 minutes ago, C N Red said:

I'm not sure Parella is the right guy for the job, but I will says one thing; many of the coaches on the defensive side of the ball during the "Diaco Fiasco" should be not lumped together. Diaco was not letting them coach to their fullest and how they wanted to. It was ridiculous.

You are correct.  However, on the flip side, Parella also doesn't have any data proving that he IS a good D line coach.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You are correct.  However, on the flip side, Parella also doesn't have any data proving that he IS a good D line coach.

Exactly. We need a proven D-line coach, and frankly, Parella does not meet that description. I can understand feeling that deserves Parella a second chance to prove himself because he coached under Riley, but let that chance be elsewhere. Maybe someday, if he burnishes his resume elsewhere, he can return, but not today.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Red Five said:

If you compare resumes with the other guys mentioned, Parrella has no business being considered.  And then add in he coached with the previous staff that featured a historically bad defense.

He is a hard pass imo.

That was due to the scheme of the DC & a poor weight program.   Its not fair to judge him on that basis.  But I hope we get someone with more southern or far east recruiting ties.