Maurice Washington Faces Charges

33 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I think she hurt him when they broke up and maybe this video surfaced and took him by surprise and was the reason they broke up. It’s not like out of revenge for being hurt he posted the video online.  

There are definitely scenarios, like this one, where Washington isn't quite the a$$h@!e it looks like he is. The fact they dated is a pretty big factor, IMO. And we don't know yet that he knew it was rape or knew that she'd accused the guy(s) of rape. If videos were posted of your SO having sex with someone else, I think it would be a fairly normal reaction. And a 17-18 year old isn't thinking of a 15 year old he used to date and probably had sex with as a child.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think every HS kid (girl or guy) would be arrested for the stuff on their phone.

This is true, and why a lot of these laws, while well-intentioned, are going to have to be adapted for the age we live in.  And, preferably, written by people who understand the culture these kids live in. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, knapplc said:

This is true, and why a lot of these laws, while well-intentioned, are going to have to be adapted for the age we live in.  And, preferably, written by people who understand the culture these kids live in. 

That was my first thought. There is no way 15,16,17,18 year olds all over aren't sending photos of a sexual nature to themselves. Obviously that isn't the only issue with this but it's one of them.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I was going to bring this very thing up but didn't feel like being attacked by the super people.  But it true.  So very very true.  

The amount of boob/dick pics that go around between "minors" would probably make most people shocked.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

That was my first thought. There is no way 15,16,17,18 year olds all over aren't sending photos of a sexual nature to themselves. Obviously that isn't the only issue with this but it's one of them.

The legal system differentiates between adults and minors, and the crime is a misdemeanor, so I think it's probably ok the way it's written, but we'll see.