Maurice Washington Faces Charges

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Assume he's guilty.

Assume the program didn't look into anything.

Assume Frost doesn't care about character.  

Assume the program is somehow in moral decay.

Or....I guess you are saying all this in jest.

He is "guilty" of sending the girl the video.  Guilt legally will sort itself out later

The program clearly didn't follow up with officials in California.  

I'm not convinced Frost does care about character at this point.  But it doesn't really matter, does it?

The program is in no more moral decay than any other program.

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

He is "guilty" of sending the girl the video.  Guilt legally will sort itself out later (assume)

The program clearly didn't follow up with officials in California.  (assume)

I'm not convinced Frost does care about character at this point.  But it doesn't really matter, does it? (assume)

The program is in no more moral decay than any other program. :facepalm:

You really are trying hard with this.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 2

17 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I'm thinking maybe UNL should have looked into it once contact was made.  If they had, things might look different today. 

Maybe they did. Maybe the state of California didn't have enough information to share yet so they said something along the lines of 'we'll contact you.' It's dangerous to speculate about these kinds of things when there's so little information being made public. 

If UNL's statement is true, then they did everything they're legally obligated to do. Innocent until proven guilty.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

Maybe they did. Maybe the state of California didn't have enough information to share yet so they said something along the lines of 'we'll contact you.' It's dangerous to speculate about these kinds of things when there's so little information being made public. 

If UNL's statement is true, then they did everything they're legally obligated to do. Innocent until proven guilty.

See the tweet I posted above.  No mention of conducting its own investigation, interviews, etc.  

It seems strange

The age of consent in California is 18.  

By definition, any sexual contact with this girl (if she was 15 at the time) is a sexual assault.

If MO sent this video back to the girl, he basically "slut-shamed" a victim of sexual assault. 

If this is what happened, I cannot imagine him remaining on the team and  if this is what happened, and he remains on the team,  I cannot imagine remaining a fan of Nebraska Football.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

See the tweet I posted above.  No mention of conducting its own investigation, interviews, etc.  

It seems strange

It's a skeleton statement. These are often released in the immediacy of a situation to say "we're aware." It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it could mean something. Saying it's odd or strange is equally odd and strange to me. I don't think there's enough there to take anything away from it at all.

Plus, UNL has to be smart. Anything said in a public statement can come back to bite them in the a$$. The last thing they or any entity would want to do is say the wrong thing in a rush.

• Plus1 4
4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It seems strange

They're not dealing with an accusation by a victim. They're dealing with law enforcement. If the accuser contacted them, it would be a different story.