Maurice Washington Faces Charges

8 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

NOT IF HE DIDNT KNOW SHE WAS 15 IN THE VIDEO he also didnt send it to the world. All we know is SOMEONE sent the girl the video of her having a threesome from several years ago 

He dated her... I'm pretty sure he know how old she was when this tape was distributed to the school.

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

do you know he received it in 2016 or are you just assuming he kept the video on his phone for years only to randomly send it back to her years later? 

According to a Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Department search warrant obtained by NBC Bay Area, school administrators at The King’s Academy soon learned of the video and told anyone who had a copy of the video to delete it. Taylor said she and the two classmates in the video were forced to leave the school. Washington, according to the search warrant, still had a copy of the video.

Is that close enough for you?

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He dated her... I'm pretty sure he know how old she was when this tape was distributed to the school.

He stopped attending their school in Feb 2016 and the video took place in 2016. We really dont know anything other than what the article says which tells us very little as it pertains to what actually happened. 

I read the article again and it appears he sent it to her because she reached out to him when she found out he was going D-1. Maybe he viewed it as a "hey you made it whats up how have you been?" and he took it as her being thirsty so he felt it would be the way to "tell her off" ?? 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

According to a Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Department search warrant obtained by NBC Bay Area, school administrators at The King’s Academy soon learned of the video and told anyone who had a copy of the video to delete it. Taylor said she and the two classmates in the video were forced to leave the school. Washington, according to the search warrant, still had a copy of the video.

Is that close enough for you?

when did the search warrant take place? I must have missed a paragraph in the article 

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

it appears he sent it to her because she reached out to him when she found out he was going D-1. Maybe he viewed it as a "hey you made it whats up how have you been?" and he took it as her being thirsty so he felt it would be the way to "tell her off" ?? 

That's what it sounds like. And that sounds like a very kid-like thing to do.

It's just that, under this relatively new law, it's a crime.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's a good thing athletic departments, unlike message boards, aren't run on hysterics. 

This thread has been crazy. Some people here really need to take a breath.

You do realize that the Athletic Department just issued a statement about the athletic director based on the hysterics of a message board?  

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

He stopped attending their school in Feb 2016 and the video took place in 2016. We really dont know anything other than what the article says which tells us very little as it pertains to what actually happened. 

I read the article again and it appears he sent it to her because she reached out to him when she found out he was going D-1. Maybe he viewed it as a "hey you made it whats up how have you been?" and he took it as her being thirsty so he felt it would be the way to "tell her off" ?? 

That's the way it sounds to me too. Although I'm coming to a conclusion just like the rest of us, without knowing. But if he knew she was raped, it's a really weird reply. The fact she was an ex girlfriend makes it sound way more like a "you cheated on me" or "you're a slut" type of a reply.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

You do realize that the Athletic Department just issued a statement about the athletic director based on the hysterics of a message board?  

You think they released that statement because of message boards, or because of the news articles that are coming out about it?

Occam's Razor, my man.

• Plus1 5