Maurice Washington Faces Charges

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

or those that drink and drive or smoke pot or use PEDs as well....what he did was petty as hell but we dont know the context of it all 

This. The punishment is obviously going to be opinionated and not everyone will agree no matter what. 

For me personally people get kicked off teams for domestic violence, sexual assault, rape, physical bullying and so on

suspensions would be skipping classes, PED's, smoking pot, lying to coaches, and obviously what mo washington did here.

11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

What I'm saying is that if he sent that, even if he didn't know about the sexual assault part, it's still a terrible act. The fact he might have been acting out of anger or jealousy or whatever might make it more relatable, but it doesn't make it any less atrocious. And I'm deliberately making the hypothetical because I'm pushing back against the notion that it's no big deal even if he did it, which is separate from whether he sent the text or not.

Getting kicked off the Husker team is not life ruining. As we've seen over and over, he'll many other chances from other schools.

I think there are many circumstances that make it not "atrocious."

E.g., she knew it was being filmed and they were dating at the time.

2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-incidents-timeline-091714

Jameis Winston was accused of rape...she reported it the same day. He was also in trouble for several other instances and still stuck around over 2 years to win a Natty for FSU. Guys, this is honestly nothing. Ppl get so drama excited on this board 

It shouldn't be considered nothing, depending on the circumstances.

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1

I don't even know what to think.  Such a talent possibly wasted but sending the video to her was just stupid.  What the heck was he thinking???

Obviously he wasn't.  In my honest opinion if doesn't have much of a record and gets a good lawyer he can come out of this with probation only possibly.  He's a college student athlete who I would assume has no priors of this sort of thing.   He's obviously still young.

9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think there are many circumstances that make it not "atrocious."

E.g., she knew it was being filmed and they were dating at the time.

My understanding is that he wasn't there or involved.  2 other boys were with her - she knew she was being filmed but said it was not consensual (I assume she was incapacitated at the time).  One of the boys involved sent it to Mo.

A good person, one raised right, being coached and mentored - one that had run ins and was kicked out of school would report it right away after receiving it.  Especially knowing their future rides on not making waves with anything questionable.  A good person would not save the video for a year or two on their phone only to send it on to someone else or the victim.

Count me in as bye-bye Maurice.  Not a good character to build this program with.

2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

So little fact, so much speculation.   How do we know he didn't get the pics from her?   

Are you (ucking kidding me?

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

These are pretty strong words. Do you think Washington intended to be "terrible" or "atrocious?" Or do you think he reacted in a moment of carelessness and did a bad thing?

All of the above. I think he intended to be terrible and atrocious and he reacted in a moment of carelessness and did a bad thing.

• Plus1 1