Maurice Washington Faces Charges

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Ya, that annoys me every time I see it too. Or they'll put the alleged way out front which is misleading. E.g. - Washington is alleged to have sent his ex girlfriend a video of her being sexually assaulted.

You probably don't wanna go there.

I just wanted to relay for some of the people on this board that don’t know what the video is 

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

So the 2 of you are claiming that one can't be forced to give a blow job? You also don't know what preceded it.

My understanding is the kid in the video has never been charged? 

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

And also to say that you don't think that because it was a blow job it doesn't seem like assault to you.

It’s not assault in this case. Schools can’t expel assault victims with video evidence and get away with it, just like boys don’t escape charges for 2 years if they are video themselves assaulting a girl. There’s no assault here. 

• Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I have heard the video is a 10 second clip of her giving some kid a BJ. It doesn’t seem assault like to me 

A 15 year old is unable to consent to sex, by law, in the state of California. And, we are unaware how she found herself in that state. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

It’s not assault in this case. Schools can’t expel assault victims with video evidence and get away with it, just like boys don’t escape charges for 2 years if they are video themselves assaulting a girl. There’s no assault here. 

You have to be f***ing kidding me with this s#!t.

You seem to be under the impression that all sexual assaults involve using physical force. That's wrong. It doesn't have to be obvious to the viewer that it was sexual assault for it to be sexual assault.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Was she expelled from the same school that Washington attended? 

Just now, Moiraine said:

You have to be f***ing kidding me with this s#!t.

I’m not. I can’t see how this is assault when it hasn’t been brought up for 2-3 years as such. Unless it’s a situation where the boys are older or something, but again, I would have thought that would have been a major point of contention over the past 24-36 months. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Was she expelled from the same school that Washington attended? 

Yes.

Just now, Husker03 said:

I’m not. I can’t see how this is assault when it hasn’t been brought up for 2-3 years as such. Unless it’s a situation where the boys are older or something, but again, I would have thought that would have been a major point of contention over the past 24-36 months. 

Then you are very ignorant about the subject.

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

If you say so. 

You literally have no idea what happened before the video. Someone can be coerced into sex and that is defined as sexual assault. Same goes for threats.

(c) The actor causes submission of the victim by threatening to retaliate in the future against the victim, or any other person, and the victim reasonably believes that the actor will execute this threat. As used in this paragraph (c), "to retaliate" includes threats of kidnapping, death, serious bodily injury, or extreme pain; or

(d) The actor has substantially impaired the victim's power to appraise or control the victim's conduct by employing, without the victim's consent, any drug, intoxicant, or other means for the purpose of causing submission.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/s/sexual-assault/

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I was waiting for @Husker03 to respond, but since King's Academy is a private christian school, they could have been expelled for almost any reason, including participating in premarital sex. 

Absolutely, which is why I’m sure they were expelled. But in 2017 if you expel a victim of sexual assault in a very public case I would expect a high degree of backlash. And yes, could be assault by definition if she was too young to consent, but if that was the only qualifier then I would guess she’d be on the hook for adsaulting the boys in the video as well. I consider myself a pretty sting advocate for sexual victims and the me too movement.  At the same time, accusations that don’t make sense or add up or are outright false are unacceptable. So rarely is there  a public video of the event.  In this case there is, and it wasn’t considered an assault until it made a better headline. 

5 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Absolutely, which is why I’m sure they were expelled. But in 2017 if you expel a victim of sexual assault in a very public case I would expect a high degree of backlash. And yes, could be assault by definition if she was too young to consent, but if that was the only qualifier then I would guess she’d be on the hook for adsaulting the boys in the video as well. I consider myself a pretty sting advocate for sexual victims and the me too movement.  At the same time, accusations that don’t make sense or add up or are outright false are unacceptable. So rarely is there  a public video of the event.  In this case there is, and it wasn’t considered an assault until it made a better headline. 

She did not claim it was assault until this year or in 2018.

Read my previous post. You need to educate yourself on what sexual assault is. It doesn't have to occur by physical force. No one who viewed the video seems to have thought it was assault, but that doesn't mean it wasn't.

She will never be able to prove it was sexual assault, but your conclusion that it can't have been is absolutely wrong.

And the "better headline" comment is B.S. It wasn't considered as a possible assault until the girl in the video claimed it was assault. It had nothing whatsoever to do with headlines.

• Plus1 2