Maurice Washington Faces Charges

12 minutes ago, TheGainfulHusker said:

The 2pm-6pm guys on 1620 should take this advice. They spent almost their entire show speculating on what and when the university knew. I can no longer listen to that show. JP is an idiot. 

The whole station has gone off the tracks in the last few weeks, first with the nonsense about Bill Moos and now all of their ridiculous, asinine speculation about Washington. "Conduit of the people" my a$$.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

The whole station has gone off the tracks in the last few weeks, first with the nonsense about Bill Moos and now all of their ridiculous, asinine speculation about Washington. "Conduit of the people" my a$$.

They spent a solid 2 hours on the subject yesterday after the statement from the U came out. 

14 minutes ago, TheGainfulHusker said:

The 2pm-6pm guys on 1620 should take this advice. They spent almost their entire show speculating on what and when the university knew. I can no longer listen to that show. JP is an idiot. 

I haven't been able to listen to 1620 in the afternoons for years.  It's like they go out of their way to ridicule or point out how ridiculous Husker fans are.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't understand the consternation people have with Bruning being involved...other than their own personal feelings for the guy because of politics.  

Well, he's apparently a pretty crappy lawyer too, since he clearly misread this entire situation and gave some bad advice to the AD. 

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Well, he's apparently a pretty crappy lawyer too, since he clearly misread this entire situation and gave some bad advice to the AD. 

How could he give the AD bad advice in this situation when he was never employed or represented the ADs office?

From the looks of it I think he acted ethically and professionally. It’s not his fault that it California investigators were lack luster in their duties and failed to share, follow up, or Communicate with the proper/correct parties. 

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, Enhance said:

They are painful.  Then they get mad if a caller calls in and rips on them for doing exactly what they are doing.

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I haven't been able to listen to 1620 in the afternoons for years.  It's like they go out of their way to ridicule or point out how ridiculous Husker fans are.

Yeah, they have really started to take a weird approach.   I mean, I know it is all planned out and that they are playing a part I just don't totally get what parts they are trying to play.

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

They are painful.  Then they get mad if a caller calls in and rips on them for doing exactly what they are doing.

Precisely. I feel like I've been berating them a lot in recent weeks but it's entirely self-inflicted. There's a line one has to draw in the sand with this kind of stuff and they're flirting with, and often times stepping directly over it, in their quest to fill time.

• Fire 2