Maurice Washington Faces Charges

11 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

StPaulHusker is gonna be mad watching Maurice shred some defenses next year....  

I will not be mad.  I said a few pages back that I walked back my initial feelings that he should be off the team.  I do feel he deserves a few games suspension for sending the video to the girl with the intent to harm her.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

17 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

check in with the dead guy and his family.

I meant with the person facing the charges. A good attorney can get you out of most things or have the charges diminished greatly. I'm not saying it is right, but that's how the court system works. More money and the better you are off sadly. 

2 hours ago, TheGainfulHusker said:

The 2pm-6pm guys on 1620 should take this advice. They spent almost their entire show speculating on what and when the university knew. I can no longer listen to that show. JP is an idiot. 

I listen to 590 from 3:30-4:30 during my drive from picking up the kids from school cause that’s the only station that comes in clear where I live.

It’s unbearable listening to Joe “Ok” Quinn because every sentence he says has to end it with “Ok” and this past week has been unbearable with his take on this Washington situation.

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Well if you read this thread you'd think Maurice was facing the death penalty 

I don;t think any one has said he's facing the death penalty but I am somewhat appalled at some of the posters not taking this offense serious enough.  Its been made clear he was not involved in the actual event but his decision to send that video (if what is being reported is accurate) is an incredible example of poor judgement by someone and I don't believe this can be just chalked up to age and a young person making a mistake.  

I'll also be very interested to see how the coaching staff handles this on top of any legal punishment.  I'll be upfront in admitting I have no idea if Frost ran into any of these types of situations at UCF and how he responded but he has consistently preached the importance of leaders both on the field and off and molding young adults into people of character.  From a distance, this situation reeks of someone with minimal regard to others and toes the line that some rules don't apply to all.  Perhaps I am being too harsh and jumping to conclusions before all facts are known but on the surface I find this whole situation appalling and the act itself to be very disturbing.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2