Maurice Washington Faces Charges

3 hours ago, TAKODA said:

Thought I would come out of the weather, and read a bit. Saw this thread, and cringed. 1620 in the last week or so has been just giddy, showing their true colors, loving on anything negative, surrounding huskers. Needless to say, I removed those numbers from my pre-programmed stations. Done with them.

Let us all just relax a bit on any predetermined outcome here. Too much unknown at this point. 

Back outside I go! 

Funny thing, I feel 1620 has been pretty noncommittal, at least for Sharp & Benning and Gametime. Don’t listen to USC as much so can’t speak for them.

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, caveman99 said:

Funny thing, I feel 1620 has been pretty noncommittal, at least for Sharp & Benning and Gametime. Don’t listen to USC as much so can’t speak for them.

Yeah only show I can’t listen to is USC also, the show is filled with nothing but their off based opinions. The other shows are really good. 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, jassman24 said:

Yeah only show I can’t listen to is USC also, the show is filled with nothing but their off based opinions. The other shows are really good. 

Whatever you say, but they are usually right, and actually are quite funny.  Just because they don't have the everything as roses doesn't mean they are invalid.   There job isn't too make you feel good and rah rah huskers yay!  

• Plus1 1
Just now, KingBlank said:

Whatever you say, but they are usually right, and actually are quite funny.  Just because they don't have the everything as roses doesn't mean they are invalid.   There job isn't too make you feel good and rah rah huskers yay!  

I do not find them at all funny, annoying to be more like it. They bicker like 5 year old kids and argue about dumb things. It’s okay argue about a topic but have it be about sports. Josh Peterson is also the most annoying voice on radio. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jassman24 said:

I do not find them at all funny, annoying to be more like it. They bicker like 5 year old kids and argue about dumb things. It’s okay argue about a topic but have it be about sports. Josh Peterson is also the most annoying voice on radio. 

I find it hard to believe that ANYTHING is more annoying than the weekly travesty  that presents itself as the Schick and Nick segment. Two loud screechers naively believing we are amused by sophmoric give and take reminiscing about their past is a futile waste of air time.

On 2/23/2019 at 11:43 AM, Comish said:

I find it hard to believe that ANYTHING is more annoying than the weekly travesty  that presents itself as the Schick and Nick segment. Two loud screechers naively believing we are amused by sophmoric give and take reminiscing about their past is a futile waste of air time.

Interestingly, that's sometimes the ONLY segment I listen to just because it can often be a riot. But, I do agree that it is by and large a huge waste of air time.

I haven't really followed Nick's show as it pertains to the Mo case, though. Mostly just S&B and a little USC. Nick has always had a habit of repeating himself on his show, or taking an incredibly long amount of time to make a relatively minor point, so it's a little hit or miss for me.

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Interestingly, that's sometimes the ONLY segment I listen to just because it can often be a riot. But, I do agree that it is by and large a huge waste of air time.

I haven't really followed Nick's show as it pertains to the Mo case, though. Mostly just S&B and a little USC. Nick has always had a habit of repeating himself on his show, or taking an incredibly long amount of time to make a relatively minor point, so it's a little hit or miss for me.

Nick has built himself a cottage industry being Omaha's local Jim Rome. 

On 2/26/2019 at 8:39 AM, Enhance said:

The real crime here is Nick's show.  I've always heard that he just takes people's ideas and throws his little spin on it.  I actually prefer the guy who has stood in for him recently.  

I don't toss these allegations around lightly until Nick, blatantly, stole a talking point DB and I were chatting about.  

On 8/10 at 856am, when the story broke that Ohio State was going to suspend Urban I asked DB if this is actually a smart move being that we live in a world that if they do so, by the time the suspension is up the world would have moved on the "next big story".

THAT MORNING on Nick's show, within an HOUR he is spewing my exact thoughts.  lol -  he's just a joke

4 hours ago, BoKnowsD said:

The real crime here is Nick's show.  I've always heard that he just takes people's ideas and throws his little spin on it.  I actually prefer the guy who has stood in for him recently.  

I don't toss these allegations around lightly until Nick, blatantly, stole a talking point DB and I were chatting about.  

On 8/10 at 856am, when the story broke that Ohio State was going to suspend Urban I asked DB if this is actually a smart move being that we live in a world that if they do so, by the time the suspension is up the world would have moved on the "next big story".

THAT MORNING on Nick's show, within an HOUR he is spewing my exact thoughts.  lol -  he's just a joke

Are you under the impression people can't use and/or steal each other's ideas? Because that's most of human history. If he heard what you'd said and then expanded on it, so what? That's pretty much what talk shows do.

• Plus1 4