Maurice Washington Faces Charges

On 2/23/2019 at 11:43 AM, Comish said:

I find it hard to believe that ANYTHING is more annoying than the weekly travesty  that presents itself as the Schick and Nick segment. Two loud screechers naively believing we are amused by sophmoric give and take reminiscing about their past is a futile waste of air time.

Nothing in Nebraska sports talk radio is more annoying than that segment. It's quite possible, there is nothing more annoying in the world.  

Schick's terrible jokes....Nick's terrible laugh....

Related image

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Nothing in Nebraska sports talk radio is more annoying than that segment. It's quite possible, there is nothing more annoying in the world.  

Schick's terrible jokes....Nick's terrible laugh....

Related image

Well....a close rival is the segment S&B does every week on fantasy football with the “expert” telling people who they should play. 

Even when i did fantasy football, I couldn’t listen to that segment. 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well....a close rival is the segment S&B does every week on fantasy football with the “expert” telling people who they should play. 

Even when i did fantasy football, I couldn’t listen to that segment. 

I've seen those segments on the Podcast, but don't think that I've ever listened to it. That segment, along with Dan Hoppen, are two that I always skip. I can't handle Dan's ego (remember the time he casually mentioned scoring 70 points in a rec game after Devin Booker scored 70 for the Suns a couple years ago?)

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Looks like photo was removed from the album. Hope that doesn't indicate anything bad. 

I assumed they wouldn't be posting any photos of him, even if he was there. I think maybe that message didn't get across to the photographer/web people, so now it looks a little silly.

11 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I assumed they wouldn't be posting any photos of him, even if he was there. I think maybe that message didn't get across to the photographer/web people, so now it looks a little silly.

Also seems unnecessary since the media will surely ask Scott if he’s practicing at his first media availability. What’s Scott going to do, lie or not answer?

14 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I've seen those segments on the Podcast, but don't think that I've ever listened to it. That segment, along with Dan Hoppen, are two that I always skip. I can't handle Dan's ego (remember the time he casually mentioned scoring 70 points in a rec game after Devin Booker scored 70 for the Suns a couple years ago?)

I haven't listened to 1620 for a long time.  After this discussion and the start of spring practice, I thought I would turn them on while at work.  Well.....I remembered the real reason why I stopped listing to the station all together.  They can't friggen figure out how to match their volume between the program and advertisements.  So, I'm sitting here listening to S&B in the back ground.....goes to commercial....all of a sudden a commercial about male enhancement supplements is blasting through my office.

I find myself constantly having to turn up or down the volume because they can't f***ing figure it out.

Turned them off again for a long time.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I haven't listened to 1620 for a long time.  After this discussion and the start of spring practice, I thought I would turn them on while at work.  Well.....I remembered the real reason why I stopped listing to the station all together.  They can't friggen figure out how to match their volume between the program and advertisements.  So, I'm sitting here listening to S&B in the back ground.....goes to commercial....all of a sudden a commercial about male enhancement supplements is blasting through my office.

I find myself constantly having to turn up or down the volume because they can't f***ing figure it out.

Turned them off again for a long time.

Haha. Yeah, Gary and Damon both have trailing voices. I bounce back and forth, and almost everything in podcast form. A little S&B, USC, and some Severe. Obviously the 247 Husker podcast, and OWH's Pick 6 podcast, even HuskerExtra's podcast. There is always something Husker related that is worth listening to if you look for it. And if not, Joe Rogan's podcast is always f'n good.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
15 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I can't stand Dan Hoppen.  I don't understand what makes him qualified to have a segment to himself.  The worst part for me is that they all think he is some renowned food critic, which just adds to his arrogance.  He can have his opinion, but it's usually wrong.