Maurice Washington Faces Charges

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

That’s who I was thinking of. But he transferred. I do think it’s a little silly schools will take someone in who’s gotten into trouble somewhere else as if that’s someone better than keeping a player who’s done the same thing. 

I edited my post.  He announced his transfer and got into the fight afterwards. I'm not sure of the calendar, but I think I remember him having hearings and such while he was an NU player.

When this article was written, he was redshirting at Nebraska: http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_24238698/alex-lewis-ex-cu-buffs-lineman-pleads-not

13 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I edited my post.  He announced his transfer and got into the fight afterwards. I'm not sure of the calendar, but I think I remember him having hearings and such while he was an NU player.

When this article was written, he was redshirting at Nebraska: http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_24238698/alex-lewis-ex-cu-buffs-lineman-pleads-not

Mo needs a better attorney than Lewis's first

According to the Colorado Supreme Court, in one case, an investigation showed Brenner represented a defendant facing murder trials but only spent two hours with the client before going to trial and failed to call any witnesses other than the defendant.

So Lewis was facing a Class 4 felony, second degree assault charge and ended up pleading guilty to third degree assault. 

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_25390118/alex-lewis-ex-cu-buffs-lineman-sentenced-45

I forgot he served 45 days in jail.  Turns out Frost commenting about Mo's grades is relevant to the situation:

Boulder District Judge Patrick Butler said Lewis will be allowed to finish out his semester at the University of Nebraska — where he transferred last year — before serving the jail sentence, saying he was encouraged by Lewis' work in school but still felt a punitive sanction was necessary.

Hopefully Mo can beat the felony rap and if he gets jail time he can do it next summer.

On 4/11/2019 at 3:04 PM, teachercd said:

Why wouldn't it?

If the NCAA contacted me right now...asking for personal or business information I would reply back with "Sure, send me all your documents first"

What are they going to do?  I don't work for them, they don't have subpoena power, they don't have the ability to arrest people.  They are a company, it would be like Burger King Facebook "asking" me for information.  

Not to mention, wouldn't the cost of the work on his case fall under attorney/client privilege?  

• 3 weeks later...

Probably won't hear much out of it (if anything other than what it says) but:

Nebraska running back Maurice Washington is set for his second appearance in a California court for charges filed against him in February.

At Monday’s Santa Clara County court appearance, Washington will identify his legal counsel, according to the court agenda. The hearing is set for 9 a.m. PDT.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/husker-running-back-maurice-washington-has-second-court-date-monday/article_9fcaa805-658a-50d4-95a8-0c8e89bc01c9.html

• Plus1 1

As an FYI, a plea hearing does not mean a deal has been reached or immanent. It's merely a hearing prior to trial at which the Defendant responds to the charge(s) by entering a plea of guilty, not guilty, or no contest. However, the parties could enter a plea agreement and announce at the plea hearing as well. As of right now, we don't know much if anything about the status of Mo''s case.