Maurice Washington Faces Charges

6 hours ago, Undone said:

I agree, for sure. Especially since it's public knowledge that the next court event date is 9/03.

What year?  2020? 2021? 2119?

Marty McFly: [Reading the newspaper from 2015] "Within two hours of his arrest, Martin McFly Jr. was tried, convicted and sentenced to fifteen years in the state penitentiary."? Within two hours?

Doc: The justice system works swiftly in the future now that they've abolished all lawyers.

8 minutes ago, Fru said:

I think he should sit. The optics are not great on this. 

This makes sense.  Then if the case continues to get drug on after the hearing next week with basically nothing accomplished, play him until a verdict or plea deal is reached and then re-evaluate based on that.  I just don't think he needs to sit until this whole thing is resolved.  Not fair to MO.

6 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

This makes sense.  Then if the case continues to get drug on after the hearing next week with basically nothing accomplished, play him until a verdict or plea deal is reached and then re-evaluate based on that.  I just don't think he needs to sit until this whole thing is resolved.  Not fair to MO.

If it were up to me, I would sit him until it's resolved. SF is just getting started here, and I would hate for the progress he's made get derailed by criticism from the national media (sports and otherwise), the Twitter mob, and the MeToo movement for playing a guy who could very well be convicted of a felony. 

I often times wish there was a position in the AD that handled these kinds of things so that it'd be taken out of the coaches hands. Coaches are there to coach. They're not legal experts, counselors and case managers. I think too much responsibility gets put on them in these situations. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, Fru said:

If it were up to me, I would sit him until it's resolved. SF is just getting started here, and I would hate for the progress he's made get derailed by criticism from the national media (sports and otherwise), the Twitter mob, and the MeToo movement for playing a guy who could very well be convicted of a felony. 

I often times wish there was a position in the AD that handled these kinds of things so that it'd be taken out of the coaches hands. Coaches are there to coach. They're not legal experts, counselors and case managers. I think too much responsibility gets put on them in these situations. 

So punish him before you know if he is guilty? 

• Plus1 4

53 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

So punish him before you know if he is guilty? 

Punishing? More like waiting to make a calculated decision.

“Let’s wait to see if you’re convicted of a felony before you get to play” seems reasonable to me. 

Are we really going to act like he hasn’t earned some time on the bench?  

45 minutes ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

I’m not sure he has to be guilty in a court of law for him to be sat.  The coaches did just suspend 2 players indefinitely with out any legal guilt.

^^^That. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

I’m not sure he has to be guilty in a court of law for him to be sat.  The coaches did just suspend 2 players indefinitely with out any legal guilt.

They were on the team at the time and knew the rules. Different than This situation. 

• Thanks 1

It is looking more and more likely that he will play. The good news is that it is an effort by the university with Frost and not just on Frost's shoulders. If he has done everything asked of him like the staff has stated I see no reason to sit him. Especially if he is innocent it would look really bad sitting him. It can almost be a lose-lose situation but I trust Frost and the university to make the right choice for Mo. That is what is most important. Who cares what national media says. I would rather do what is right for the player than worry about the media. And Frost is doing exactly that right now. 

1 hour ago, Fru said:

Punishing? More like waiting to make a calculated decision.

I feel like the coaches probably know enough about the situation already to make a calculated decision. 

1 hour ago, skersfan said:

I always ask this but never really get an answer.

If MO played for Iowa, Missouri or Colorado would you have the same opinions.  If so then he should play.  If not?

I would imagine most Husker fans would react the same in that situation as most non Husker fans did in the current situation. See a player is convicted of CP and say he should be kicked off the team. Reading headlines doesn’t give you the whole story though.