Maurice Washington Faces Charges

3 hours ago, Fru said:

If it were up to me, I would sit him until it's resolved. SF is just getting started here, and I would hate for the progress he's made get derailed by criticism from the national media (sports and otherwise), the Twitter mob, and the MeToo movement for playing a guy who could very well be convicted of a felony. 

I often times wish there was a position in the AD that handled these kinds of things so that it'd be taken out of the coaches hands. Coaches are there to coach. They're not legal experts, counselors and case managers. I think too much responsibility gets put on them in these situations. 

Generally I'd agree but it seems to me in this case there is a lot of question on even if he did everything they say he did, whether he even committed a crime at all let alone a felony. This is a test case for that entire law.

8 minutes ago, Blackshirt316 said:

Generally I'd agree but it seems to me in this case there is a lot of question on even if he did everything they say he did, whether he even committed a crime at all let alone a felony. This is a test case for that entire law.

Or could be, if we wanted to sit him until it has made its way through the judicial system and heard by the U.S. Supreme Court. 

Ain’t nobody got time for that,

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

"Let's wait until you're convicted before you sit" seems more reasonable to me.

To each their own. Earning that court date in the first place might make some folks pause. 

26 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

I feel like the coaches probably know enough about the situation already to make a calculated decision. 

I hope so. 

12 minutes ago, Blackshirt316 said:

Definitely grey areas.

But ultimately I’m less concerned about Mo potentially missing some playing time, and am more concerned about the long game of SF potentially being mired in controversy in year two.

Do any of you really think Mo getting reps against So. Alabama is truly worth that sh!t storm? 

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, Fru said:

To each their own. Earning that court date in the first place might make some folks pause. 

I hope so. 

Definitely grey areas.

But ultimately I’m less concerned about Mo potentially missing some playing time, and am more concerned about the long game of SF potentially being mired in controversy in year two.

Do any of you really think Mo getting reps against So. Alabama is truly worth that sh!t storm? 

I care about what is right, not about how it looks. You either sit him till his case is resolved or you play him.

IMO until it is determined he even is accused of something that is actually illegal or not he should be allowed to play.

Besides if you care about optics, sitting him against So. Alabama and then playing him against Colorado would look worse. We arent just talking one game here.

55 minutes ago, Fru said:

I hope so. 

Definitely grey areas.

I think you are overblowing how the national media will react to this. Jimbo Fisher is just fine...

1 hour ago, Fru said:

There is no controversy and very very few people care. I've already seen enough non-Nebraska cfb fans and journalists/personalities weigh in on it with knowledge of the situation for some time, and it's not something Frost has to worry about, because it's well received and internalized by everyone that Frost maintains high integrity.