Maurice Washington Faces Charges

On 10/6/2019 at 11:24 AM, knapplc said:

You guys need to cut Washington some slack. Everyone deserves a 2nd 3rd 4th chance!

_____             ______

/        O \     /            O\

\           /      \             /

-------             ---------

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

Or we can do what should have been done and cut our losses because we have a trend forming 

What exactly are our losses here? The practice reps he's getting? Honestly we need backs to take them.

Leaving the ongoing legal matters aside, the recent suspension doesn't feel like the kind of thing you cut a guy for, whatever it was. I understand the argument that a guy is better off on a team has its limits, but if the staff felt he couldn't grow past the issues with support he'd already be gone. We have no idea what the recent issue was, other than it was only worth a half game suspension. Nate Gerry was suspended more. 

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

What exactly are our losses here? The practice reps he's getting? Honestly we need backs to take them.

Leaving the ongoing legal matters aside, the recent suspension doesn't feel like the kind of thing you cut a guy for, whatever it was. I understand the argument that a guy is better off on a team has its limits, but if the staff felt he couldn't grow past the issues with support he'd already be gone. We have no idea what the recent issue was, other than it was only worth a half game suspension. Nate Gerry was suspended more. 

Nate Gerry betrayed his team. He should have been. 

I mean Mo has felony charges, a weed pinch and now an undisclosed infraction in one season. The safe bet is he screws up again. 

Just now, CapoValley said:

Nate Gerry betrayed his team. He should have been. 

I mean Mo has felony charges, a weed pinch and now an undisclosed infraction in one season. The safe bet is he screws up again. 

We do have a history of handing out more extra chances than guys deserve, mostly from Osborne but obviously since then as well. Some people love that, some people think it's just an excuse to try and keep talented guys. We'll see how the charges end up (really don't want to open that back up), I just don't think a half-game suspension issue is the straw that breaks the camels back here. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

We do have a history of handing out more extra chances than guys deserve, mostly from Osborne but obviously since then as well. Some people love that, some people think it's just an excuse to try and keep talented guys. We'll see how the charges end up (really don't want to open that back up), I just don't think a half-game suspension issue is the straw that breaks the camels back here. 

The “half game suspension” has a nebulous meaning. It could be a felony, it could be skipping a weight session. The fun is guessing!