Maurice Washington Faces Charges

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Hopefully he works on those things and also works on gaining good weight. We need him to beef up to play in this league 

He will not be returning...and if I have to guess, he will never sniff the league.  

Now, if he has a total change of attitude, that all could change.  I'm not betting on it.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

He will not be returning...and if I have to guess, he will never sniff the league.  

Now, if he has a total change of attitude, that all could change.  I'm not betting on it.

I imagine people said that about Mills too when he was kicked off the team. I think he has every opportunity to turn it around if he wants to.

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Agree.  But, the bolded is the key part of your statement.  I'm not convinced of that.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

But Mills had to spend a year or two in JUCO hell, and barely qualified academically.  It's a great story for Mills, but it's not easy.

I totally understand these points. Everyone just seems to be writing him off and I'm saying he has every opportunity to fix things and obviously that's up to him at this point, but I'm not writing him off as a lost caused until he becomes one.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

My guess it’s a slim chance Mo returns. Frost probably doesn’t want to deal with the headache and distraction Mo has been. 

i mean it seems like frost left the door open for him to come back if he can prove he is committed to the team. 

"He won’t be in our plans in the immediate future, but for the farther out future we’ll have to determine based on a set of circumstances."

I know that he was dismissed from the team in October but does anyone know if he is still enrolled in school? I don't do twitter, maybe he has posted something about his intentions.

We could sure use him.

Hopefully what ever issue got him dismissed is behind him now and he could possibly move forward with this team again. Hope he has stayed in school.

If not on the football team I hope he can move forward and has learned a few things on life. These kids are pretty young and sometimes immature with lots of pressure put on them. Good Luck Maurice!

• 2 weeks later...

Unable to contact him during the hearing....   Oh man.  Either his phone magically broke because that's exactly what that means that he was to participate remotely regarding his counsel having to 'contact him' or he just doesn't care enough.  Either way wow.  

if the latter is true do not come back man.  Good luck to you but no thanks.  Seriously.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 3
2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Unable to contact him during the hearing....   Oh man.  Either his phone magically broke because that's exactly what that means that he was to participate remotely regarding his counsel having to 'contact him' or he just doesn't care enough.  Either way wow.  

if the latter is true do not come back man.  Good luck to you but no thanks.  Seriously.

I don’t see how he hasn’t exhausted Frost’s patience by now. Closing time, you don’t have to go home Mo, but you can’t stay here.

• Plus1 4