Maurice Washington Faces Charges

3 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Empathize with him...put yourself in his shoes at that age.  What would you think?  What would you do?  Rough time for all involved.  Yet here we are with 179 pages of discussion about a kid that messed up and didn't think.  And here we are thinking we know him, we know the coaches, and we know what type of people they all are.

Not everyone who has posted in this thread thinks that way.  

tenor.gif

• Plus1 2

17 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

And that my friend, is why the world is the way it is...lack of empathy.

I have empathy for the kid, which is exactly why I think his time here should be over. You're doing the kid a disservice by letting him make mistakes and continue to be a part of the football program. Mo has made a SERIES of poor choices since he's been on campus - it's time to learn accountability and those choices have consequences. Frost should certainly help Mo find a new home where he can have a clean slate, and show that he's learned from the mistakes he has made here at Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I have empathy for the kid, which is exactly why I think his time here should be over. You're doing the kid a disservice by letting him make mistakes and continue to be a part of the football program. Mo has made a SERIES of poor choices since he's been on campus - it's time to learn accountability and those choices have consequences. Frost should certainly help Mo find a new home where he can have a clean slate, and show that he's learned from the mistakes he has made here at Nebraska. 

I'm glad your not my father.  

Son, you made some mistakes, I could keep loving you and working with you and see if we could fix this,  but our family is so perfect you know, after further thought, go live with another family.  See ya

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

I'm glad your not my father.  

Son, you made some mistakes, I could keep loving you and working with you and see if we could fix this,  but our family is so perfect you know, after further thought, go live with another family.  See ya

I thought we were talking about playing football? Also Mo quit on his coaches and his teammates first, not the other way around. A change of scenery could do the kid wonders, especially at a place where the spot light isn't so bright. Spare me the over dramatic comparison of a parent disowning a child.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 3
6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I thought we were talking about playing football? Also Mo quit on his coaches and his teammates first, not the other way around. A change of scenery could do the kid wonders, especially at a place where the spot light isn't so bright. Spare me the over dramatic comparison of a parent disowning a child.

Cool, I will spare you the comparison as soon as you stop acting like you know the facts of what has happened and thus know whats best for him and the university.  I am going to go out on a limb and say Frost probably knows what he is doing, but I could be wrong, maybe you do. 

• Haha 1

I thought I had read on the forum that Washington was involved with the Crips. If he was, he still is, you never get away until your dead.  

I don't think this trial messed up his life.  I think he is completely responsible for that, and as far as I can see he has made every effort to make it worse with the way he has reacted to the team and Coach Frost

2 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Empathize with him...put yourself in his shoes at that age.  What would you think?  What would you do?  Rough time for all involved.  Yet here we are with 179 pages of discussion about a kid that messed up and didn't think.  And here we are thinking we know him, we know the coaches, and we know what type of people they all are.

Empathize with my posting history about this.  I think the rule is stupid as hell and have defended him.  I was just making an observation.  I think it's a shame because what he appears to have done doesnt warrant his life being ruined.

• Fire 2

11 hours ago, skersfan said:

I thought I had read on the forum that Washington was involved with the Crips. If he was, he still is, you never get away until your dead.  

I don't think this trial messed up his life.  I think he is completely responsible for that, and as far as I can see he has made every effort to make it worse with the way he has reacted to the team and Coach Frost

Yea you're gonna need some sort of reference for that. Let's not go around accusing kids of being gang affiliated with no proof

• Plus1 6

This thread needs to be put to rest.  Washington's career in football is almost certainly over.  His actions and the criminal charge are certainly a contributing factor, but his attitude is the biggest issue.  Unless he has a "St. Paul on the road to Damascus" moment, we've seen the last of him on any significant football stage.

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1