Maurice Washington Faces Charges

3 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Greg Sharpe was on Nick Handley’s show, I think Friday, and Sharpe wasn’t holding his breath. Said the expectations of what was set out for him is a tough task which he didn’t have confidence would be achieved. 

If you also read the tea leaves with scholarship numbers, Betts being allowed to sign scream that Mo is not expected to be on scholarship next semester 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, EZ-E said:

If you also read the tea leaves with scholarship numbers, Betts being allowed to sign scream that Mo is not expected to be on scholarship next semester 

They talked to Mo on Thursday and the Betts news broke on Thursday.

I wish Mo well, I hope the findings of his criminal case go in his favor (or in any case, that justice prevails), and if he doesn’t end up back on the team and there is a chance for him to play still that it’s with ASU - if Herm can help him out with a fresh start.

I know we are better with him, but I also believe we can win as many games without him. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

There are two open spots for this class still, and that is with Betts and Washington. Those leaves you have might not be tea :lol:

You can only have 88 at a time on scholarship at the end of each semester. Which is why Betts and Conn weren't going to be allowed to sign early because we thought we had either Slusher or Johnson. When it was clear we didn't we let Conn sign late Wednesday. After Frost's meeting with Mo, Betts was allowed to sign placing us at 88; 3 over the total limit, perfectly legal.

• Plus1 2

35 minutes ago, EZ-E said:

You can only have 88 at a time on scholarship at the end of each semester. Which is why Betts and Conn weren't going to be allowed to sign early because we thought we had either Slusher or Johnson. When it was clear we didn't we let Conn sign late Wednesday. After Frost's meeting with Mo, Betts was allowed to sign placing us at 88; 3 over the total limit, perfectly legal.

Which is great and if I understand correctly, not a position we are accustomed to being in.

9 minutes ago, dubsker said:

Which is great and if I understand correctly, not a position we are accustomed to being in.

I expect us to sign two more in February, placing us at 90 and we'll have some attrition that gets us to 85 by the end of spring.

2 hours ago, EZ-E said:

Those guys aren't early so that doesn't really apply there.

• Plus1 2