Maurice Washington Faces Charges

I happened to watch the Lawrence Phillips documentary last night. While watching it, I couldn’t help but think of Mo Washington. Completely different situation obviously, but definitely some similarities. Hope he lands on his feet and gets things figured out. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Not really a surprise but still is disappointing when any husker player doesn’t make it for any reason.   He had some talent no question but I was not a big fan as I like bigger RBs (more power at least).  I’d have played him at WR or wingback or kick returns but I know many really saw more potential in him as a RB.  
Good luck Mo!   

Yeah, I’m with you on a different position. He was recruited by ASU and Ohio St as a CB which would probably be a great fit for his length and size. Every time he touched the ball I was excited for the big play but worried he would get crushed and fumble.

I wish him the best and really hope he can succeed and stay out of trouble.

• Thanks 1

<<<Notice>>>

Thank you for participating in this study of the average Husker fan’s understanding and/or interpretation of the human condition, legal ethics, and freak athlete speed. 

This thread is now scheduled for deletion. Please collect your things and report back to relevant threads developing on the HuskerBoard.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a9fa2a724dbacde9fe1

Herm Edwards says come on down.

Seriously there is a lot to be desired upstairs with Mo.  He gets that squared away and the potential for him is huge.  However, I personally don’t see it happening.  This is a class move to let him finish the semester, but he’d never would have seen the field again on my team after he quit on HIS team

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

Been Edwards says come on down.

Seriously there is a lot to be desired upstairs with Mo.  He gets that squared away and the potential for him is huge.  However, I personally don’t see it happening.  This is a class move got let him finish the semester, but he’d never would have seen the field again on my team after he quit on HIS team

Yeah, I really hope he gets things figured out. I don’t see how Frost could have handled this any better for amp and the program. 

I wish him well. 

20 hours ago, Fru said:

I happened to watch the Lawrence Phillips documentary last night. While watching it, I couldn’t help but think of Mo Washington. Completely different situation obviously, but definitely some similarities. Hope he lands on his feet and gets things figured out. 

I can see where a comparison can be made between Mo and LP.  BUT LP was truly tragic with the abuse and neglect he endured as a child.my heart still squeezes for his tragic life. 

Mo admits to having a chip on his shoulder. In my experience, those kids are really hard to reach. Sorry he lost his dad at a young age, but he’s not the only kid to have lost a parent.  Him moving is definitely the best for us

• Plus1 1