Maurice Washington Faces Charges

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Basically not following the rules/instructions laid out for him to remain on the team. 

Yep. Specifics I heard were consistently late to team meetings and not following the nutrition plan laid out for him, but I'd guess there was more. Doing everything asked in the court case was also probably a requirement, so missing a date likely contributed. 

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Yep. Specifics I heard were consistently late to team meetings and not following the nutrition plan laid out for him, but I'd guess there was more. Doing everything asked in the court case was also probably a requirement, so missing a date likely contributed. 

Supposedly showing up high to meetings. 

50 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yes, exactly. The coaches and university did not have to await legal proceedings.

Mo’s status with the team was never tied to the legal proceedings. He is innocent until proven guilty in the State of CA, but he was required to do certain things to keep his eligibility with the team. Obviously, he didn’t live up to his requirements and he’s gone.  His legal proceedings in CA will help determine where he ends up next.  

What is it with these Cally kids and pot? And yes I know he graduated from a TX high school. It feels like a higher percentage of our California recruits get cited for pot then other recruits and then either they don’t see the field at all or they bug out early. 

Ok, so maybe the only other one I can think of is Keyshawn Jr., but it feels like there’s more. 

40 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

What is it with these Cally kids and pot? And yes I know he graduated from a TX high school. It feels like a higher percentage of our California recruits get cited for pot then other recruits and then either they don’t see the field at all or they bug out early. 

Ok, so maybe the only other one I can think of is Keyshawn Jr., but it feels like there’s more. 

I think it's just kids, not cali kids. We have had several players get busted for weed and most of them are not from California. Randy Gregory, Stanley Morgan and Antonio Reed, Wandale, Myles Farmer just to name a few.

• Plus1 2
57 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Not saying this as a slight, but grow up in a pot friendly state and you’d have a different perspective. The biggest difference between those we hear about and the athletes who don’t get in trouble is that some are more brazen than others who just lay low and not make a scene about their habits. I’d bet most who get cops called on them are probably rubbing their peers the wrong way. 

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 8:24 PM, Husker in WI said:

lets not forget his getting busted for pot.  dude was a run a-way train just waiting to wreck.  I hope he matures a lot or the inside a of a cell may be his only future.