Maurice Washington Faces Charges

5 hours ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

frost never should have let him leave!  we need guys like this to be competetive in the big Ten!  lawrence philips got a pass so why cant morice!

Ok, I know you’re joking, but TO had a team with an established culture and giving LP several passes wasn’t going to ruin anything culturally. But Frost giving Mo more leash could have very likely ruined the staff’s credibility with the team. Talented for sure, and maybe a more established team could absorbed Mo eccentric and unpredictable behavior, but he’s not for us at this time. And also, do long leashes ever work? Phillips, Gregory come to mind. They were eventually given the boot anyway. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Ok, I know you’re joking, but TO had a team with an established culture and giving LP several passes wasn’t going to ruin anything culturally. But Frost giving Mo more leash could have very likely ruined the staff’s credibility with the team. Talented for sure, and maybe a more established team could absorbed Mo eccentric and unpredictable behavior, but he’s not for us at this time. And also, do long leashes ever work? Phillips, Gregory come to mind. They were eventually given the boot anyway. 

I don’t recall LP being booted from the team nor do I recall any other issues with LP besides the one case with Frost and the girlfriend.  Phillips went pro.   He had some things as a pro that went real bad - I don’t know the details on those.  Just to be fair to him frankly there were circumstances to weigh on all sides.  
Mo maybe got booted for multiple issues after joining the team and warnings to straighten up.  Maybe he failed to respond to second and third chances.  Idk. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I don’t recall LP being booted from the team nor do I recall any other issues with LP besides the one case with Frost and the girlfriend.  Phillips went pro.   He had some things as a pro that went real bad - I don’t know the details on those.  Just to be fair to him frankly there were circumstances to weigh on all sides.  
Mo maybe got booted for multiple issues after joining the team and warnings to straighten up.  Maybe he failed to respond to second and third chances.  Idk. 

Phillips was suspended for a few games after the incident with Kate McEwen and many people around the university thought he should have been kicked off the team.  Osborne said he allowed LP to come back because he felt LP "needed football".  I think the agreement they made was to have LP come back for a few games, improve his NFL stock, and then have him leave for the draft.

• Plus1 2
On 1/8/2020 at 1:05 PM, krc1995 said:

not jokeing!  he has the speed to be the next heisman winner and now he will win one for some cousin lovin sec team!  frost just tryin to exercise them lawrence phillips demons from his playing days.  this is the wrong move!

6 hours ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

not jokeing!  he has the speed to be the next heisman winner and now he will win one for some cousin lovin sec team!  frost just tryin to exercise them lawrence phillips demons from his playing days.  this is the wrong move!

I couldn't disagree more.  He was given a chance to redeem himself and chose not to.  For all of the things we've heard he's done wrong, what haven't we heard of?   Maybe he can turn it around somewhere else, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1