Maurice Washington Faces Charges

Former Nebraska RB sentenced to 30 days in jail
By CLINT BUCKLEY 4 hours ago

A former Nebraska football player was taken into custody Thursday night following his sentencing hearing. Maurice Washington was sentenced to 30 days in the Santa Clara (Calif.) County Jail and given two years of probation after charges were filed in February of 2019.

Washington, who is scheduled to be released March 20, pleaded no contest to the felony charge of possession of a video of a person under 18 engaging in or simulating sexual conduct. He was also charged with a misdemeanor for sharing a recording without the person’s consent.  LINK

===============================================================================  

Well, this is the 247 article with a few more details, sans the link.  I suspect I can't post the link because it has the words "sex-acts" within the link.  Funny that.   

Mo could have gotten up to two years in the pen if convicted.  In view of that one month doesn't seem unreasonable.  

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

I know it's different jurisdictions, different crimes, etc. but stuff like this always interested me. For the stuff that Washington was originally charged with, compared to this guy, and they're given the same sentences. To me that's weird.

A man filmed licking a tub of ice cream will spend 30 days in jail and pay restitution to Blue Bell

His fine I understand. The 30 days in jail seems like a massive waste of time, resources, and money. But that's just my own opinion 

• Plus1 2

California is a catch and release state now.  Not a violent crime, they walk the same day.  Stolen cars, running from the police, stealing a body in a hearse, out the next day.

Just had an employee on his motorcycle hit by an uninsured, illegal alien, no drivers license and he never he got a ticket, nor was he arrested.   He drug the kid 50 , broke his arm, shoulder and massive road rash.  Nothing we can do about it at this time.  This state sucks and is really getting worse.  

Headed to Utah in another year, can not wait to get out of here.  Sanctuary states are just wonderful. 

I am glad this has not totally destroyed his life from a legal side.  He has a chance to get things back on track.  I hope he does, but have my doubts.

12 hours ago, skersfan said:

California is a catch and release state now.  Not a violent crime, they walk the same day.  Stolen cars, running from the police, stealing a body in a hearse, out the next day.

Just had an employee on his motorcycle hit by an uninsured, illegal alien, no drivers license and he never he got a ticket, nor was he arrested.   He drug the kid 50 , broke his arm, shoulder and massive road rash.  Nothing we can do about it at this time.  This state sucks and is really getting worse.  

Headed to Utah in another year, can not wait to get out of here.  Sanctuary states are just wonderful. 

I am glad this has not totally destroyed his life from a legal side.  He has a chance to get things back on track.  I hope he does, but have my doubts.

Ran into one of my friend ps that lives in SoCal, he was complaining about all the new laws they were contemplating.  One up was going to limit the time and volume of showers, in ones own home.  I laughed, thinking it was a joke, it wasn’t.  Now of course they have no way to enforce it, at this time, but my understanding was it is on the books.

On 3/6/2020 at 2:50 PM, teachercd said:

Well...the real question is...

How old was that ice cream?  This could be a statutory issue.  Did the Ice Cream give consent?  Milk is in ice cream...that milk comes from cows...cows are living things...

This goes deeper than we ever thought.

#IceCreamRights

5805.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1
  • 3 months later...