Maurice Washington Faces Charges

Just now, CapoValley said:

Yes. But I’m thinking that’s been discussed with him along with this case. 

Im talking about the next time. If there is a next time.  Because if there is, the juice might not be worth the squeeze. 

And that might be a condition of the suspension he received in the first game.  I am sure Frost has told him to keep his head straight and stay out of trouble.  I also think Ron Brown has met with Washington to help him during his time at NU.

Just now, huskerfan22 said:

Of course i did. But these players are held to a higher standard

No, you want to hold these players to a higher standard.

I understand that they represent the University when they are student-athletes, however, I also understand that they are not so different than when I was a college student.  I was on scholarship at UNL, but that didn't stop me from doing dumb stuff like smoking weed, drinking too much, skipping some classes, and trying to get laid.  It's worse now since everyone has a phone with a camera and wants to take pictures and videos of these players, without even asking the kid.  It's no wonder why Washington spends his summers holed up in his dorm room, smoking some weed.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I understand that they represent the University when they are student-athletes, however, I also understand that they are not so different than when I was a college student.  I was on scholarship at UNL, but that didn't stop me from doing dumb stuff like smoking weed, drinking too much, skipping some classes, and trying to get laid.  It's worse now since everyone has a phone with a camera and wants to take pictures and videos of these players, without even asking the kid.  It's no wonder why Washington spends his summers holed up in his dorm room, smoking some weed.

Were you caught doing these dumb things?

1 minute ago, huskerfan22 said:

Were you caught doing these dumb things?

No, I wasn't caught.  But, I would say I was more lucky than smart for not getting caught doing dumb things.

Ones actions shouldn't be excused just because he or she didn't get caught for those actions.  If you are married and cheat on your wife, is it only cheating if she catches you?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

In an empty dorm room in the dead of summer is probably the most likely place

to get cited for weed in the entire city of Lincoln. 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

No, I wasn't caught.  But, I would say I was more lucky than smart for not getting caught doing dumb things.

Ones actions shouldn't be excused just because he or she didn't get caught for those actions.  If you are married and cheat on your wife, is it only cheating if she catches you?

I imagine you're only going to suffer the consequences if you get caught.

The complete and utter inability of some people to properly apply what Frost actually said about recruiting is mindnumbing. WTF has happened to reading comprehension and understanding in this country?...or more specifically on Huskerboard.

I wish people who want him kicked off the team would just say so and leave it at that instead of coming up with these ridiculous arguments  and reasonings.

• Plus1 4