Maurice Washington Faces Charges

7 minutes ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

I don't really care what happens to him.  If he stays on the team, fine.  If Frost boots him, fine.  My opinion of his character today isn't going to change.  He still has an opportunity to change his life and do better.  Based on getting caught with weed, regardless of the charges being dropped, shows me he's not yet ready to make good choices.    

I don't really care what happens to him.

-I actually do care about him.  He hasn't had the best of luck regarding his teenage years.  

My opinion of his character today isn't going to change.  He still has an opportunity to change his life and do better.  Based on getting caught with weed, regardless of the charges being dropped, shows me he's not yet ready to make good choices. 

-75-90% of young men, living there lives and making mistakes.  

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I've been pretty clear on what I believe about this case, and at no time have I said any such thing, or intimated it.

Your need to have someone in this conversation be a bad guy is a you problem.

Then what kind of details are you waiting from “the other side” that would make what happened ok?

• Plus1 1
Just now, CapoValley said:

Then what kind of details are you waiting from “the other side” that would make what happened ok?

It's entirely possible (and likely) that nothing exonerates him. But waiting for those details to come out before offering a full opinion on the internet should be causing so many people so many problems.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I've been pretty clear on what I believe about this case, and at no time have I said any such thing, or intimated it.

Your need to have someone in this conversation be a bad guy is a you problem.

The bad guy is Maurice Washington.  Regardless of what the final agreement between lawyers is, he still did a terrible thing.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

It's entirely possible (and likely) that nothing exonerates him. But waiting for those details to come out before offering a full opinion on the internet should be causing so many people so many problems.

Why do you need the law to direct you to forming an opinion of what he did was awful?

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I guess I don’t see anyone having a problem. But if you are right and there needs to be more details discovered then perhaps the team shouldn’t risk it by playing him until they’re out, right?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

I guess I don’t see anyone having a problem. But if you are right and there needs to be more details discovered then perhaps the team shouldn’t risk it by playing him until they’re out, right?

Seems like you're having a problem with the team playing him.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

It's not a false dichotomy.  Either you think what he did was bad or you don't.  There is nothing else there.  The manner, degree, and timing of any consequences or not is a totally separate argument.

No one is saying he did nothing wrong. We're going from false dichotomies to strawmen.

• Plus1 1