Maurice Washington Faces Charges

6 minutes ago, Undone said:

This is a really great summary. The only thing that would invalidate it would be if he somehow pleads guilty, but I don't think that's the case.

In the scenario of a 'not guilty' pleading, how could Frost possibly even suspend him for game one if the proceedings are still ongoing? That would create a total cluster.

I assume at some point he is gonna plead guilty but to lesser charges. But I’m guessing he won’t be doing either yet in September. 

Don't know if it's been posted, but he's saying here that the paraphernalia charge has been dropped.

Gonna go out on a limb and say the part about hearing positive things is about the other charges.

Hoping he won't angry tweet at one of these losers on twitter. That's similar to what got him into this mess in the first place - emotional texting.

9 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I assume at some point he is gonna plead guilty but to lesser charges. But I’m guessing he won’t be doing either yet in September. 

Yeah, it sounds like he might not even go to California for the September date.

I was going to say I wonder if they're pretty sure it'll get wrapped up then if they don't sit him for the first game - mainly for the optics - then it gets resolved the following week and away he goes.  But if he's not even going out there it wouldn't seem like it's going to get resolved then so just hanging in limbo I guess.

34 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Don't know if it's been posted, but he's saying here that the paraphernalia charge has been dropped.

Gonna go out on a limb and say the part about hearing positive things is about the other charges.

Hoping he won't angry tweet at one of these losers on twitter. That's similar to what got him into this mess in the first place - emotional texting.

David should probably change his avatar. 

• Plus1 2

• 4 weeks later...

It's a pretty weird situation all around. We don't even slightly need him to beat South Alabama, but sitting him sets off a certain kind of public perception of punishment that might hurt the situation more than it helps. Or, maybe it would be a good show by the university.

I still think it most likely does more harm than good to the entire situation to sit him out as some kind of punishment. 

9 minutes ago, Undone said:

It's a pretty weird situation all around. We don't even slightly need him to beat South Alabama, but sitting him sets off a certain kind of public perception of punishment that might hurt the situation more than it helps. Or, maybe it would be a good show by the university.

I still think it most likely does more harm than good to the entire situation to sit him out as some kind of punishment. 

I think the staff can sit him and say they just don't have enough information yet to make a decision