Maurice Washington Faces Charges

14 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

According to this tweet, Washington is missing. I hope everything is okay with this young man.

I saw that elsewhere and people were wondering if he had been reported missing to the LPD or the LPD were the ones looking for him.

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Why is Maurice still in Lincoln? Assuming that's where he has disappeared from. 

Read somewhere that he applied for a couple jobs around Lincoln and didn't get them. He probably doesn't have much to go home to sadly and probably is training around Lincoln where people will let him train in certain facilities for free I would assume. 

Outside of that, this is very sad as I thought Nebraska had the opportunity to turn his life around. He is just one of those kids who if they do not meet you in the middle, there is not much that can be done and we parted ways. He has all the talent in the world and I hope they find him and he gets the help he needs. 

9 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Assuming he’s ok and not doing anything illegal , would Frost ever take him back? Or is he even gone ? I know he entered the transfer portal but I have not heard of him going anywhere. 

I haven't heard of anything, either, but I admittedly stopped paying attention when he entered the transfer portal.

Based off everything that's happened in the last ~18 months, I can't see Frost ever taking Mo back. The university provided quite a bit of support to him (moreso than a lot of other universities may have) and then Mo failed to meet whatever standards Frost had in place for him to stay on as a member of the team. That's not to say coaches are perfect, but when 100+ dudes figure out a way to stay on the team, and somebody else doesn't, benefit of the doubt usually goes to the coach.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I haven't heard of anything, either, but I admittedly stopped paying attention when he entered the transfer portal.

Based off everything that's happened in the last ~18 months, I can't see Frost ever taking Mo back. The university provided quite a bit of support to him (moreso than a lot of other universities may have) and then Mo failed to meet whatever standards Frost had in place for him to stay on as a member of the team. That's not to say coaches are perfect, but when 100+ dudes figure out a way to stay on the team, and somebody else doesn't, benefit of the doubt usually goes to the coach.

I pretty much agree, but was thinking that since he just entered the portal in January and since someone reported that he was a registered student for the spring semester I thought maybe a crack was left open. I guess he might have been automatically enrolled for spring unless he said otherwise. Not sure how that works. 

wish him much peace. Growing up mentally sound can be difficult in these times. 

2 hours ago, Huskinator said:

I thought he was removed from the team 

Looking back, he kind of quit showing up to practice around October/November and so Frost had no choice. Funny how quick I forgot that. Seems like a lifetime ago. 

if he were truly suffering from a mental illness and had since gotten help (medication, therapy) I can’t say I wouldn’t support his return. In my mind, I cannot understand why he would stay in Lincoln, but in a way it’s pretty sad as his options might be limited.  Maybe the stress of football  would be the last thing he would need if in fact he is in some sort of recovery. But all of this of course is speculation. 

In recent days, all of Washington's social media accounts appear to have been deactivated. 

Probably more to this than just not answering his phone today...