Maurice Washington Faces Charges

Someone can correct me, but from what I've read elsewhere her parents knew about it obviously shortly after it happened - them nor their daughter wanted to press assault charges even though the whole school knew about the incident.

Now as a parent, someone is going to tell me they didn't want to press charges if you thought or knew your daughter was raped??? I don't see how that is possible. If she was that is horrible, but people on here can't be that naive that a teenage girl wouldn't have a threesome? 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

I just wanna know the whole story folks. I have a hard time believing she randomly reached out to him to JUST tell him congratulations after several years and he randomly days later sent it to her. What did she say? was it really only a 2 text exchange between the two? They were both in high school so I am guessing we know zilch other than what the girls mom is saying. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, Lonestar_Husker said:

Not hogwash,  in no way akin to explaining a position on a football team. There is zero emotional baggage in explaining how to play qb. 

You're saying that people who 1) aren't female and 2) haven't been assaulted can't comment on this situation.  It's hogwash. Of course we can.

• Plus1 4

3 minutes ago, Lonestar_Husker said:

Not hogwash,  in no way akin to explaining a position on a football team. There is zero emotional baggage in explaining how to play qb. 

is it also possible that she willingly engaged in the sexual act and only decided she didnt approve of it once the whole school had the video? 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

is it also possible that she willingly engaged in the sexual act and only decided she didnt approve of it once the whole school had the video? 

Yes. There are many scenarios that a possible and plausible as of right now. The more evidence we have the better we will understand the situation. 

16 minutes ago, Lonestar_Husker said:

I don't need a court to tell me what is or what isn't an assault. If you're not a female assault victim, you don't understand the emotional barriers involved in reporting an assault. Just because she hasn't reported it, yet, doesn't mean it didn't happen. PTSD isn't just for war veterans. 

Is the topic we're discussing a case of sexual assault?

• Thanks 1