N-2007.gif

Player: Anthony Blue

Hometown: Cedar Hill, TX

Position: CB

Height: 5’10”

Weight: 172

40 time: 4.56

Visit Date: unofficial visit

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Baylor, Houston, Purdue, Tulane, UNLV, Wisconsin

Favorites: Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Short in stature but big on heart. Looks like Fabian W., and will come up and stick someone in run support.

"the kid is supposed to have close to nil body fat and is mostly athletic muscle, so ive been told. Also been told he has great hips and can change directions fluidly, this is coming from my buddy in fort worth who says he has seen his team play, FWIW. anybody else with a rivals subscription can fill you in on the rest,

edit: im not tryin to say my friend is the ultimate judge in talent, hes just an IT guy for a small business, but at least he's a football fan, and he if he claims he has seen this recruit's hs team, i believe him. " - pigsonthewing

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 80% Ted Gilmore did a wonderful job with Blue in the recruiting. Now we must hold on to him.

Anthony Blue

DB 5-10 175 Cedar Hill, Texas - Cedar Hill HS

“It’s just the academic support, the graduation rate, and they get all of their players taken care of with school first and then athletics are second. My dad really liked that.”

our coaching staff's forays into Texas is finally starting to pay dividends. I think we have oral committments from Texas this year than we have in a long time.

edit: just got off the phone with my friend kevin, he says Blue's team played in 5-A, and that they have several d-1 prospects, with 2 already going to Baylor. He said he will try to give me updates, i told him to join the website so he could give updates himself :D

edit: just got off the phone with my friend kevin, he says Blue's team played in 5-A, and that they have several d-1 prospects, with 2 already going to Baylor. He said he will try to give me updates, i told him to join the website so he could give updates himself :D

sounds good...bring him on over!

our coaching staff's forays into Texas is finally starting to pay dividends. I think we have oral committments from Texas this year than we have in a long time.

Darn right pigs :thumbs

Coach lauds NU's Gilmore for landing cornerback

BY MITCH SHERMAN

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

RELATED STORY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

»

2007 NU football commitments

LINCOLN - A commitment from Anthony Blue, the latest Texan to join the Nebraska football recruiting class of 2007, illustrates even further the Huskers' effort to mine his home state for talent.

I read in the paper that his time in the 200 meters would tie the existing Nebraska state record!  Sounds like a burner.

actually Blue would own the state record. Blue=21.4, state record=21.53

Then the world herald was wrong! I bet this kid ends up playing corner. Especially with what you say about his lateral quickness. According to the article, he is going to be matching up each week against the opponents' best receiver. Another great CB in the making.

I read in the paper that his time in the 200 meters would tie the existing Nebraska state record!  Sounds like a burner.

Then the world herald was wrong! I bet this kid ends up playing corner. Especially with what you say about his lateral quickness. According to the article, he is going to be matching up each week against the opponents' best receiver. Another great CB in the making.

i got those statistics from the article ETR posted just above, which is from the world herald. what article where you talking about that was wrong?

i got those statistics from the article ETR posted just above, which is from the world herald. what article where you talking about that was wrong?

I read the actual paper today. I didn't recall reading that part in there. They either changed it, or I need to get some cold medicine. :woo

I read the actual paper today. I didn't recall reading that part in there. They either changed it, or I need to get some cold medicine. :woo

i see what you are talkin about, i just went and looked at the article in my paper. look for a notice in tomorrow's editorials.