Trump's Fake Wall Emergency

6 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

Conservatives want Hispanics here for cheap exploitable labor to break unions, stagnate pay and cut benefits . I support none of that . I think if they want to come here fine . Speak the language , pay taxes , and obey all the same rules I have to . 

So get a new job where they speak english and turn your employer in when you leave. Its simple stuff. Your problem is with your enployer it sounds like anyways. And why would you want to work with a company like that anyways if you believe so strongly in what you just said?

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

It’s not necessarily a “problem” it’s more that his issue with what is happening is more about what a Democrat president will do as opposed to what a republican president has done.

I see no reason that indicates he can’t have a problem with both. 

you're assuming that  he actually supports the national emergency ....as long as a dem can’t do it. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I see no reason that indicates he can’t have a problem with both. 

you're assuming that  he actually supports the national emergency ....as long as a dem can’t do it. 

Then he should have just come out against it as a whole of presidential overreach.  But he didn’t.  He came out in fear of what a Democrat might do 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

The republican government is dysfunctional 

The repubs may be the most to blame lately but the whole thing is jacked up IMO. When the two sides can't and won't work together it's a problem of both sides and the whole deal. Repubs were obstructionists when Obama was in office and Dems will be obstructionists as long as Trump is in office. Stuff really started heading south when W was in office. If either side gets full control the sh#t they do will be so far right or so far left it will make our heads spin. You can blame who you want or say one side started it, like children on a playground, but sh#t has to change drastically for anything good to come out Washington again.

11 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Then he should have just come out against it as a whole of presidential overreach.  But he didn’t.  He came out in fear of what a Democrat might do 

I think that's what he did.  He just said it in a way that people who strongly support Trump (which is a majority of his constituents) would understand why it's an overreach.

• Plus1 1

Put the scenario into the others hands.

Say Obama declares a national emergency on guns after any of the countless gun attacks that happened while he was president.  And took money from the military to fund whatever action he deemed necessary.  Ben Sasse would have been screaming about it.

Then Trump gets elected and declares the national emergency to fund the wall.  Do you honestly believe Sasse would speak up against it or would he shrug it off because that’s what Obama did?

If your answer is he would be opposed, you’re kidding yourself

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

That matters???

Sorry.  I was going to write something and accidentally hit submit.  Disregard this.

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Put the scenario into the others hands.

Say Obama declares a national emergency on guns after any of the countless gun attacks that happened while he was president.  And took money from the military to fund whatever action he deemed necessary.  Ben Sasse would have been screaming about it.

Then Trump gets elected and declares the national emergency to fund the wall.  Do you honestly believe Sasse would speak up against it or would he shrug it off because that’s what Obama did?

If your answer is he would be opposed, you’re kidding yourself

Sorry.  I was going to write something and accidentally hit submit.  Disregard this.

Put this another way. 

Obama declares an emergency on gun violence like you said. Do you have the same reaction if Chuck Schumer says we don’t want to do that because it would allow a Republican President to go the same?

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Put this another way. 

Obama declares an emergency on gun violence like you said. Do you have the same reaction if Chuck Schumer says we don’t want to do that because it would allow a Republican President to go the same?

Yes because it’s not about what someone else might theoretically do.  It’s a gross overstep by any president and that is what should be a senators concern.