Trump's Fake Wall Emergency

I don't think Coulter has seen the light on anything, she's as bat$h!t loony as ever. She was pissed at Trump when the shutdown ended because he did not get full funding for the wall. She simply lost faith in Trump's strength and his negotiating skills. She wanted him to even go further down the rabbit hole.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

She wanted the money outright from congress for the wall.  She knows this is just a show for his base and that it will be held up in courts for months to years before any money is given towards a wall.

There are two motivations for this.

a) I keep thinking that the entire initial motivation for this wall is Trump's ego.  He loves seeing his names on things.  He believes this will stand the test of time like the Great Wall of China and it will always have his name on it as a great feat in history.

b)  He now knows it will be tied up in courts well into 2020 and beyond.  So, now he thinks he can use this as a campaign gimmick in 2020.  The base will clamor on to it.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

There are two motivations for this.

a) I keep thinking that the entire initial motivation for this wall is Trump's ego.  He loves seeing his names on things.  He believes this will stand the test of time like the Great Wall of China and it will always have his name on it as a great feat in history.

b)  He now knows it will be tied up in courts well into 2020 and beyond.  So, now he thinks he can use this as a campaign gimmick in 2020.  The base will clamor on to it.

Yes - all of those clueless who will believe him again.  

I agree on the opinions other gave on Ann as well.  She wanted this to be the hill Trump stood on instead of the hill he died on.  San Fran Nan out negotiated him on the budget, he is getting little for his efforts, he's been shown to be a fraud in regards to his 'trumped up' negotiation skills, and the deal only gives him the red meat campaign issue to stir his hopefully declining # of supporters. 

Here is what is bad for us conservatives who do want comprehensive immigration reform including improved border security, Trump has effectively taken this (border security including wall) out of the discussion as it will be in the realm of the courts for who knows how long.   We probably won't get anything meaningful done on the other aspects for reform as well due to this roadblock.

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Trump is stating his intent to declare an "emergency" so he can force American taxpayers to pay for his racist money pit. 

Remember, if you're in favor of this stunt by Trump, you're saying you'd have been OK with any other president bypassing congress to get their pet project done. For example, if Obama had just declared a national emergency and funded Obamacare rather than vet it through months of congressional discussion. 

The powers you allow those in office today will be used by people you oppose tomorrow. 

Most Mexicans/Hispanics race is white. So Trump hates white people?

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Race is also defined by ethnic origin.

I was trolling. 

I really hope they don’t follow through with this. Just not worth it. The wall might work in some areas, but I can’t see how most Republicans are behind this. Trump doesn’t care about the potential payback because he more than likely won’t be in power when it happens. 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

If it’s a humanitarian crisis, why are we building a wall? Shouldn’t we be helping the humans?

2 hours ago, brophog said:

This kind of extremist opinion has no place in politics.

Unless they're a fetus, it certainly has no place in the modern day GOP.

21 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I was trolling. 

I really hope they don’t follow through with this. Just not worth it. The wall might work in some areas, but I can’t see how most Republicans are behind this. Trump doesn’t care about the potential payback because he more than likely won’t be in power when it happens. 

Trump likely won't be in the United States when all is said and done. I fully expect his cheese-flavored overweight a$$ to flee to Russia to avoid trial and be Putin's pet until he kicks off or strikes a deal to help his family. 

• Plus1 3