Trump's Fake Wall Emergency

3 hours ago, funhusker said:

I've asked this before, I think I even started a thread.  What is American culture?

Country Music, rap music, gospel music?

Hotdogs, pizza, fast food, or health food?

Guns or no guns?

christian, muslim, jew, or hindu?

jeans or sweatpants, t-shirt or button downs?

Or maybe, it's just the fact we all love living in a free society where we can be who we want to be without the fear of retribution?

You didn't mention Mexican food. American culture definitely means great Mexican food to me. :D

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wonder if the Amish who many use their own language and live in the same neighborhoods think Mexicans should assimilate more to American culture. 

None of those cultures were catered to by changing manuals at work, driving tests etc to their language making assimilation less appealing/necessary. There is no reason to do that for hispanics either . 

1 hour ago, Big Red 40 said:

None of those cultures were catered to by changing manuals at work, driving tests etc to their language making assimilation less appealing/necessary. There is no reason to do that for hispanics either . 

The number of Spanish speaking people is the reason.  The same reason most everything is in English, there are a lot of people here that speak it.

2 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

please explain to me how a driving test being offered in Spanish is detrimental to your life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. 

Would driving through Pella Iowa with business signs in Dutch bother you just as much?

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

The first question has nothing to do with the discussion at hand so not getting into that one . 

Second question no I don’t care about Amish people one way or another . 

They aren’t Amish in Pella. Just people from a foreign country that are so proud of that, that they have their own Dutch community, celebrations, signs in Dutch, discriminate against people who are t Dutch....etc. 

5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Hold on a minute......Amish people speak Dutch? :lol:

Actually Pennsylvania Dutch. 

• Plus1 1