Nebrasketball Game #26 - Northwestern: Saturday, February 16 - 7:30pm (BTN)

Mavric

Chris Collins is starting to look more like a Tom Collins.

I think his "Duke Audition" job might come back to bite him in the a$$.  I am really surprised how bad they have been after that nice season they had when they went to the dance and beat Vandy (Maybe Wake?) and then lost to the Zags.

Next year, they might need some luck to win 14 games.

14 hours ago, teachercd said:

Chris Collins is starting to look more like a Tom Collins.

I think his "Duke Audition" job might come back to bite him in the a$$.  I am really surprised how bad they have been after that nice season they had when they went to the dance and beat Vandy (Maybe Wake?) and then lost to the Zags.

Next year, they might need some luck to win 14 games.

He wouldn't be the first Duke assistant to fall on his face in his first chance in the big chair.

Just curious how many see this game as "the one" that determines Miles' future?  I know from chat I hear, it seems every game has someone saying "If they don't win/do well in this game, I'm done with Tim Miles".  Personally, I still am not going game by game.  I felt that if he didn't get them a tourney win this year, he should be done.  Still feel that way.  Although now, this close to the end, almost every game we play determines if we get in the NCAA at all, so in that aspect, maybe each game is "the one".

10 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Just curious how many see this game as "the one" that determines Miles' future?  I know from chat I hear, it seems every game has someone saying "If they don't win/do well in this game, I'm done with Tim Miles".  Personally, I still am not going game by game.  I felt that if he didn't get them a tourney win this year, he should be done.  Still feel that way.  Although now, this close to the end, almost every game we play determines if we get in the NCAA at all, so in that aspect, maybe each game is "the one".

I'm not even speculating about Miles and the staff. I felt the same way as you after hearing all the rosy predictions about our greatest team ever and seeing more of the same. I have no idea about Mr. Moos' prospects or desire of bringing in a better coach, I just think if the players have any self-respect they'll go out and play their best against the rest of the teams they play.... especially the guys off the bench who now have a great opportunity to show why they came here. I think Miles and Co can still make a case for themselves, but it's gotten a lot tougher with the teams on the remainder of the schedule.

18 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Although I agree generally that, at this point, EVERY game could be the final straw, the fact remains that no matter the personnel or the roster, the overall sticking point with TM is the consistent lack of an offensive SYSTEM that seems to frustrate everyone from the fans to the players to (presumably) the Moose Man.